Kryoflux to APD

chat about arc/risc pc gaming & RISC OS software here (NOT the core OS!)Related forum: adventures

danielj

Kryoflux to APD

Post by danielj » Mon May 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Right. As part of the Archimedes Software Preservation Project (JASPP) I've been putting together a tool to convert kryoflux raw streams into APD (protected ADFS) files which can be used in arculator and also with a real archimedes through ADFFS.

As you can see from the other recent arc-goodies being posted JASPP is progressing well and now I'm happy to release this awful bit of software on the unsuspecting masses (attached to this post). The sourcecode is at the git repository I've mentioned in the kryoflux library thread.

It's written in Java, you'll need Java 7 to run it.

Command line is:
java -jar kryo2apd [options] [kryodumpdir]

The only available option is -f which prevents it scanning tracks for FM sectors. Worth using this option unless you know the protection on the disk you're imaging uses them as it inflates the size of the APD quite a bit.

It assumes your dump is good, and it's not for imaging your own discs, the kryoflux software will do this and create adf files for you quite happily. This really is for professionally mastered, protected discs.

Anyway, please feel free to download, test, break, play etc. I've successfully dumped and converted PIAS1 & 2 and Repton 3 amongst other things.

Cheers!

d.
Attachments
kryo2apd.zip
(88.31 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

fratzengeballer

Re: Kryoflux to APD

Post by fratzengeballer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:19 am

nice work, just stumbled over this post.

will test it out asap.

thanks for the work!

hubersn

Post by hubersn » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:51 pm

I had a bit of free time this weekend, and since my A5000 seems to not like my resurrection attempts, I decided to have a go at a simple frontend for kryo2apd (Java Swing).

You can download the result here: http://www.huber-net.de/software/java/K ... wingUI.zip

Instructions insde the zip. You also need the kryo2apd.jar to make it work. Feedback welcome.

For anyone capable of reading German, this is the corresponding blog post with a bit of an introduction: http://riscosblog.huber-net.de/2016/08/ ... flux-tool/

Have fun
hubersn

danielj

Post by danielj » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:31 am

Yey! Thank you (I'll have a proper look a bit later) - I need to do something with the backend to improve its behaviour - I've just not had time for anything like this at the moment! :)

d.

flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:25 am

Nice work, Daniel. =D>
- John

hubersn

Post by hubersn » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:00 pm

danielj wrote:Yey! Thank you (I'll have a proper look a bit later) - I need to do something with the backend to improve its behaviour - I've just not had time for anything like this at the moment! :)

d.
If you want me to have a go at cleaning up the kryo2apd sources, give me a shout. If you had plans to add specific features, maybe I can have a go.

hubersn