ROM images

want to request software or documentation that you can't find online? post in here!
flibble

ROM images

Post by flibble » Wed May 04, 2011 8:04 pm

I think I'm in the right forum.

I'm looking for a couple of BBC rom images that I've not been able to find on the usual sites.

MOS Plus (MOS+) by Dabs Press
Mega 3 ROM by Computer Concepts

Any pointers would be appreciated.

paulv

Re: ROM images

Post by paulv » Wed May 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Mos + I believe... v1.14 and 1.15
Attachments
MOSPlus.zip
(22.86 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

paulv

Post by paulv » Wed May 04, 2011 8:29 pm

I also have 3 roms all with the word "Mega" in their name... (v 1.0, 1.0x and 1.01).

I'm not sure if any of them are what you're after... what does it do?

Advance

Post by Advance » Wed May 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Here's the Mos Plus I use on my three Masters - best utility I have.
I've also thrown in Chalice's Mega Rom - a Computer Concepts' version rings a very faint bell - possibly. I'll add it if I can turn it up.

A Mos+ manual is here: http://www.bbcdocs.com/joomla/index.php ... &Itemid=54 but I'm not sure it's for the DP version. I have the original manual and could scan it but I'd plead for more time.
See how you get on.

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/inde ... /Utilities is a good site for ROMS if you don't already know it.
MOS_Plus_v1.15_(1988)(Dabs_Press).zip
(11.26 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Mega_ROM_v1.01_(1985)(Chalice).zip
(11.45 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Hugh

EDIT: Had a look at the manual and it ain't the Dabs MOS+ but the Acorn one. If you need the manual let me know and I'll scan it as soon as I can. Should do iyt for BBCDocs anyway.
Last edited by Advance on Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulv

Post by paulv » Wed May 04, 2011 8:42 pm

I've just checked and the Mega ROM I have is the same as Hugh's :D.

Paul

Advance

Post by Advance » Wed May 04, 2011 9:14 pm

ftp://ftp.nvg.org/pub/bbc/rom/

Check here - there's a comprehensive collection of CC stuff - but no Mega anything. If it's a toolkit you're after I think it is the Chalice version but check through the "unsorted" and "other" collections on the above site - there's often a hidden gem or two in there.

Hugh

flibble

Post by flibble » Thu May 05, 2011 12:01 am

Paulv: ta muchly I got your mos+ rom to work.

As for the mega rom, I'm looking for the one Beebmaster describes, with interword, sheet and calc

http://www.beebmaster.co.uk/IWord1.html

paulv

Post by paulv » Thu May 05, 2011 12:32 am

Well that's definately a different Mega ROM to the one I have and Hugh posted it seems.

I have an original InterWord ROM that I don't use but it is just that, not a "Mega" ROM with all three Word, Sheet and Calc applications...

Going through the BeebMaster pages, MEGA 3 appears to be a non-standard ROM for a Beeb or Master in that it's a 32 pin, 128Kb device on a daughterboard that pages stuff in and out as required so I doubt very much you'll find an image of that ROM easily given it's form factor and capacity would have made it more difficult BITD to duplicate for most Beeb users... Which I guess was the general idea of it why they did it...

I just did a couple of Google searches myself and the ironic thing is, if you Google for ""Computer Concepts" "MEGA 3"", this thread is first in the results pages :(

I guess as BeebMaster owns a Mega 3 ROM he'll be able to shed more light on the subject :D

flibble

Post by flibble » Thu May 05, 2011 12:36 am

I had a look at the manual on the site, it's a bit confusing it's got docs for the acorn upgrade 3.50 ROM *AND* the docs for the dabs press MOS+.

So it's already scanned, but it maybe ought to be two separate archives?

paulv

Post by paulv » Thu May 05, 2011 12:45 am

This thread may be of use:

http://www.stardot.org.uk/forums/viewto ... 48&start=0

It appears CJE Micros are still selling that ROM second hand for £20.

Paul

BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster » Sat May 14, 2011 8:44 am

Yes, the Computer Concepts Mega 3 ROM is a combined ROM containing Inter-Word, Inter-Chart and Inter-Sheet all appearing in a single ROM slot. It's on a little carrier board with some logic to page in and out whatever is needed at once. I thought there was an image at The BBC Lives but I might be wrong.

alexandersmith

Post by alexandersmith » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:54 pm

Advance wrote:
Wed May 04, 2011 8:37 pm
Here's the Mos Plus I use on my three Masters - best utility I have.
I've also thrown in Chalice's Mega Rom - a Computer Concepts' version rings a very faint bell - possibly. I'll add it if I can turn it up.

A Mos+ manual is here: http://www.bbcdocs.com/joomla/index.php ... &Itemid=54 but I'm not sure it's for the DP version. I have the original manual and could scan it but I'd plead for more time.
See how you get on.

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/inde ... /Utilities is a good site for ROMS if you don't already know it.

MOS_Plus_v1.15_(1988)(Dabs_Press).zip
Mega_ROM_v1.01_(1985)(Chalice).zip
Has anyone got a scanned manual for the Chalice Mega ROM? I've had a quick search but found nothing.

Thanks.