Stairway to Hell is Ended

feedback, comments and suggestions pertaining to the stardot forum
davidb

Re: Stairway to Hell is Ended

Post by davidb » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:43 pm

Thanks for starting it in the first place, and for keeping it going after it ended. =D>
I still go there regularly to get resources - most recently the thumbnail images of Electron games in an attempt to do something with them.

lurkio

Post by lurkio » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Arcadian wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:42 am
Hey I've just realised, yesterday was the 10th anniversary of Stairway to Hell's closure (and exactly 21 years since it was founded).
Dave, thanks for creating the OG Acorn site! Without it, a lot of games might have been lost. And bbcmicro.co.uk has benefited massively from all your original archiving.

=D> =D> =D>

jms2

Post by jms2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:25 pm

Hey Dave, what was the story behind STH's creation? I remember that there were several BBC micro sites in the early days of the internet, each one having various positive and negative aspects, but none being really good across the board. There was, I recall, a big concern over distributing game images.

The you came along with STH and it was miles better than anything else - and seemingly containing everything! Had you been sitting on all the material for a while, or were you inspired to start by the other sites?

scarybeasts

Post by scarybeasts » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:05 am

Arcadian wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:42 am
Hey I've just realised, yesterday was the 10th anniversary of Stairway to Hell's closure (and exactly 21 years since it was founded).
I still use it to grab things to test. Thanks for all your effort -- historic and current, it's much appreciated!

Cheers
Chris

BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:03 pm

I still visit this forum by going to www.stairwaytohell.com/forums (I don't use bookmarks, I type in every URL from memory which can sometimes be..."instructive") but looks like I'll have to learn a new address after 2026!

Return to “stardot FORUM”