For sale: A1 Posters - Acornsoft games - BBC Micro & Acorn Atom

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
Arcadian
Site Admin

For sale: A1 Posters - Acornsoft games - BBC Micro & Acorn Atom

Post by Arcadian »

This poster features a complete set of screenshots that appeared on the boxes/disc wallets for all Acornsoft games releases on the BBC Micro.

In order to do justice to the detail of the screenshots (which have been expertly re-created by Mark M) it has been designed for and printed at A1 size i.e. 59.4cm x 84.1cm (or 23.4 x 33.1 inches).

The screenshots really are pixel-perfect and have not been 'smoothed' in any way, featuring a maximum of 8 colours (exception: the Mode 7 games Invaders, Breakout and Snake, which appeared on the Arcade Action compilation - have had smoothing applied to improve their appearance).

The posters are in perfect/new condition and have been printed on heavy duty PVC material and can even be safely applied to a wall without a frame if you wish, they're that robust.

I've only had a short run of posters produced and can make 10 available to Stardot members, priced £16 each plus £7.00 UK postage (£6.00 RM 1st class and £1.00 for the poster tube). If you would like signed for delivery please add a further £1.00, which includes insurance for up to £50 (mandatory for orders over £20). I will need to check the cost of international shipping...

There will be a lot of room left in the tube, as the A1 poster tubes are very deep, so please check out the other Acorn-related posters that I've had produced as you could have them shipped together and save any additional postage costs (see here, here, here and here though I'm out of the BBC Micro 'Shape of Things to Come' design at the moment ... however I can order another run if there's interest).
Edit 12th Jan: I've ordered some more BBC Micro "Shape Of" posters and they're due to arrive Friday 15th Jan

Payment is by Paypal (Friends and Family payments please, or cover Paypal's fees of 3.4% + 20p per transaction). Posters will be shipped rolled in a poster tube.

To order, please place a reservation in this thread and then PM me for payment info (if you can't PM yet please say so in the thread and I'll either email you or activate your account if you already have some posts under your belt).

Notes:
  • I can only make one trip per week to a post office (Wednesdays) so there may be a delay in shipping
  • I appreciate they're quite large in size, but I'm not intending to offer these at A2 - not only do I think it would shrink the screenshots down too much, it would be a bit of a faff to correctly update the artwork, but if there's demand I could consider it if the run of A1s sell out
  • the Acornsoft disc wallet games in the final screenshot are for scaling/reference purposes only and aren't included in the sale!
Orders:
  1. chrisH PAID
  2. trixster
  3. marcusjambler PAID
  4. Mince PAID

List of games covered including original Acornsoft catalogue numbers:
  • G02 Defender
  • G02 Aviator
  • G03 Monsters
  • G04 Snapper
  • G04 Snapper (V2)
  • G05 Rocket Raid
  • G06 Invaders (Arcade Action)
  • G06 Breakout (Arcade Action)
  • G06 Dodgems (Arcade Action)
  • G06 Snake (Arcade Action)
  • G09 JCB Digger
  • G10 Chess
  • G11 Maze
  • G12 Sliding Block-Puzzles
  • G13 Meteors
  • G14 Arcadians
  • G15 Planetoid
  • G16 Super Invaders
  • G18 Missile Base
  • G20 Draughts (Draughts & Reversi)
  • G20 Reversi (Draughts & Reversi)
  • G21 Snooker
  • G22 Starship Command
  • G23 Hopper
  • G24 Carousel
  • G26 Crazy Tracer
  • G27 Drogna
  • G28 Free Fall
  • G29 Meteor Mission
  • G31 Boxer
  • G32 Tetrapod
  • G33 Volcano
  • G34 Black Box (Black Box & Gambit)
  • G34 Gambit (Black Box & Gambit)
  • G35 Bouncer
  • G38 Elite
  • G39 Firebug
  • G41 Labyrinth
  • G42 Go
  • G43 Revs
  • G45 Elite - Tube edition
  • G46 Magic Mushrooms
Attachments
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_001.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_003.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_004.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_005.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_006.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_007.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_008.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_009.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_010.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_012.jpg
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk
Arcadian
Site Admin

Re: For sale: A1 PVC Poster: Acornsoft games (Elite, Snapper, Defender, Revs etc)

Post by Arcadian »

Here are a couple more photos (that I couldn't fit on the top post) ... hopefully the close-up of Revs will really show the detail of the screenshots ...
Attachments
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_011.jpg
AcornsoftGames_BBCMicro_A1Poster_002.jpg
Arcadian
Site Admin

Re: For sale: A1 PVC Poster: Acornsoft games (Elite, Snapper, Defender, Revs etc)

Post by Arcadian »

Finally, I haven't had this printed yet, but this is an equivalent poster design I did in December, featuring all the screenshots from the Acornsoft Atom Games Packs that have been accurately recreated in an emulator (thanks Mark!).

All of the actual artwork for the Game Packs has been carefully redrawn in vector format for optimum sharpness - and the overall design is (obviously) based on the original Atom version of Snapper by Hugo Tyson.

If anybody would be interested in receiving an A1 poster of the Atom poster too please let me know, if, say, five people were to show interest I'd commit to a run of 10 and could offer the A1 Acornsoft BBC Poster and the A1 Acornsoft Atom poster for £30 (i.e. £15 each) + £8.00 P&P including 1st class signed for delivery with £50 insurance).
Attachments
Atom_AcornsoftGames_Poster.jpg
Mince

Post by Mince »

This looks superduper and would go wonderfully on the wall behind my office door, which would be beautifully in view for those office meetings. I'll send a PM!
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Ok there was some interest in the A1 Atom poster so I'm pleased to say I've just ordered a run of 10 posters, which are due to arrive on Friday (five of which are already spoken for - so 5 remain).

Therefore I can now offer both the Atom Acornsoft poster (below) and BBC Micro Acornsoft poster together for £30 plus £8 UK P&P ... the earliest I could dispatch both is Wed 20th January.

Boydie

Re: For sale: A1 Posters - Acornsoft games - BBC Micro & Acorn Atom

Post by Boydie »

Can I reserve one of each please?

PM sent.
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

Boydie wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:51 pm
Can I reserve one of each please?

PM sent.
Reserved! :)

Just 5 Atom posters left now (beginning to think I should have ordered more than 10!).
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

The Atom posters arrived and look great (see pics below). All the remaining orders were sent out in yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon's post 1st class as planned, so hopefully they'll be with their new owners soon!

I've only got 3 of the Atom posters left now (and probably a slightly higher number of the BBC versions) so if anyone else would like any before I advertise them elsewhere please drop a message in this thread or PM me.

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_001_50pc.jpg

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_002_50pc.jpg

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_003_50pc.jpg

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_004_50pc.jpg

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_005_50pc.jpg

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_006_50pc.jpg

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_007_50pc.jpg

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_008_50pc.jpg

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_009_50pc.jpg

Acornsoft_AtomGames_A1Poster_010_50pc.jpg

AcornsoftGames_A1PostersX2_BBC+Atom_001.jpg

AcornsoftGames_A1PostersX2_BBC+Atom_002.jpg
z0m8ied0g

Post by z0m8ied0g »

Thanks Dave these arrived today.
Now to smash out the garage and build a new office for them to be displayed in :)

Cheers

Stephen
Acorn... lots of Acorn... http://blog.retroacorn.net

Return to “for sale / freebies”