Uniboot on A310 - Configuring 3D icons

discuss general risc os software applications and utilities
Related forum: adventures

Uniboot on A310 - Configuring 3D icons

Post by 8271 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:34 am

I have managed to get the small copy of Uniboot working on my A310 - now AUN and access work (after finding a few missing files & config options). However, I cannot stop the 3D icons from loading in the window manager. There is no option to configure this in the standard !configure application (unless there is a newer version that wasn't packaged up in the uniboot archive for Ro3.1). I have had a look in the preDesk file and there are a couple of lines where it loads a new version of the windowmanager and tries to load new sprites -however, this is for the desktop icon rather than the window sprites. (I can find them in the resources directory in !boot). I can have a fiddle in the preDesk file and try to comment out the lines where it tries to load the sprites but wondered if there is an application I should use to do it properly?
Serial computer hoarder & econetophile
2 x BBC-B, 4 x Master128, Master Viglen, Master Domesday, A310, A4, A5000, RiscPC700 Level 4 Server, RPC_SA233 & RPC_SA200, RiscOS_Pi, Econet & Ethernet

IanS

Re: Uniboot on A310 - Configuring 3D icons

Post by IanS » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:01 pm

Which version of the uniboot have you got?

What happens if you double-click the !Boot application in the root of the drive?

Re: Uniboot on A310 - Configuring 3D icons

Post by 8271 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:51 pm

I have installed the slimline version of uniboot from : http://www.riscos.com/ftp_space/generic ... /index.htm

It didn't work on first install - I needed to create a few folders that didn't exist and locate a few modules (econet, ether3 etc). It is running and starting up without errors, and i have also duplicated it on the A4000. If you click on the !boot folder, it brings up the standard RiscOS configure application. There are no options to edit any of the screen / newlook options like there is in the later versions of RiscOS. There is the !INetSetup in the Apps folder which is the only additional app I can see that has been linked.

In the resources.wimp directory there are all the sprites files as well as the desktop backgrounds, I am just not sure how to configure to use them (or not). I believe there must be an application missing from the structure to allow these elements to be configured - just not sure what one it is?

Thanks
Mike
Serial computer hoarder & econetophile
2 x BBC-B, 4 x Master128, Master Viglen, Master Domesday, A310, A4, A5000, RiscPC700 Level 4 Server, RPC_SA233 & RPC_SA200, RiscOS_Pi, Econet & Ethernet

Return to “32-bit acorn software: other”