AtoMMC2 help needed

emulators, hardware and classic software for atom + system machines
JudgeBeeb

AtoMMC2 help needed

Post by JudgeBeeb » Fri May 22, 2020 1:36 pm

As part of a bigger project, I have been trying to build my own AtoMMC2. (I hope that my doing this doesn't cause any upset to sirmorris.)

I would be grateful for a bit of a steer as their seems to be a quite a lot of info online some of which may be out of date.

Firstly, does this file show the correct layout for a set of working boards?:
as-manufactured-board.pdf
(46.16 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

Secondly, I would be really grateful if someone point me to a download of the most up to date Atom ROM (resident at #A000). I assume it is in 'atommc2-v3.0.0.zip' here. But there seems to be two relevant candidates in the PIC file: 'ATMMC3A.rom' and 'ATMMC3A' (i.e. without any file extension). Which one should I be using? (And what is the other one for?)

Finally, I would also be really grateful if someone point me to a download of the most up to date firmware for the PIC18F4525 as a HEX file. (I can find it as a BIN file, but I think I need a HEX file to program a virgin PIC as the HEX file contains the details to program the configuration bits.) I have found one here, but I wonder if that it is now out of date.

Any help would be very gratefully received.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

hoglet

Re: AtoMMC2 help needed

Post by hoglet » Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 pm

JudgeBeeb wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:36 pm
Secondly, I would be really grateful if someone point me to a download of the most up to date Atom ROM (resident at #A000). I assume it is in 'atommc2-v3.0.0.zip' here. But there seems to be two relevant candidates in the PIC file: 'ATMMC3A.rom' and 'ATMMC3A' (i.e. without any file extension). Which one should I be using? (And what is the other one for?)
https://github.com/hoglet67/AtoMMC2/release/latest

The .rom version is 4096 bytes, and suitable for programming in an EPROM.

The other version is 4118 bytes, and includes an 22-byte ATM header so it could be read by AtoMMC itself (or Atomulator).
JudgeBeeb wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:36 pm
Finally, I would also be really grateful if someone point me to a download of the most up to date firmware for the PIC18F4525 as a HEX file. (I can find it as a BIN file, but I think I need a HEX file to a program virgin PIC as the HEX file contains the details to program the configuration bits.) I have found one here, but I wonder if that it is now out of date.
Charlie is probably the best person to advise on this, as he is working on a "2D" version that fixes a race condition with fast cards.

Dave

JudgeBeeb

Post by JudgeBeeb » Fri May 22, 2020 3:53 pm

hoglet wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 pm
https://github.com/hoglet67/AtoMMC2/release/latest

The .rom version is 4096 bytes, and suitable for programming in an EPROM.
Thanks, BTW. there is no 'release' folder in the GutHub repo.
hoglet wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 pm
Charlie is probably the best person to advise on this, as he is working on a "2D" version that fixes a race condition with fast cards.
I'll contact him.
There is so much wonder in the universe; why should you want to imagine that there is more?

hoglet

Post by hoglet » Fri May 22, 2020 3:58 pm

JudgeBeeb wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:53 pm
Thanks, BTW. there is no 'release' folder in the GutHub repo.
Sorry, that was a typo:
https://github.com/hoglet67/AtoMMC2/releases/latest

sirmorris

Post by sirmorris » Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 am

We're on it 8)

Return to “acorn atom and acorn system series”