Wanted SD Device or Mega Game Cart

wanted ads for hardware, software + literature (NOT for tape/disc image requests)
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
owen2471

Wanted SD Device or Mega Game Cart

Post by owen2471 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:53 am

Looking for the above Electron devices. Any help appreciated. I just have a basic electron. No addons attached. So I’m looking for the easiest plug and play device. Without having to ad hardware to plug the sd device into.
Last edited by owen2471 on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

danielj

Re: Wanted SD Device or Mega Game Cart

Post by danielj » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:17 am

owen2471 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:53 am
Looking for the above Electron devices. Any help appreciated.
You've already posted in the correct threads for those, but what's appropriate for your electron depends on what hardware you already have. If you've got a plus one, then the SD/Sideways Ram device isn't what you need. The mega games cartridge is a different beast again - what's on it is fixed. If you write a post with what you want to do and what you've got (e.g. plus one), then we can help work out the cheapest and most effective way of meeting your needs :)

d.

owen2471

Post by owen2471 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:19 am

Thanks for the reply I’ve edited my original thread.

1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:44 pm

The ‘Electron SD Interface & SW Ram Expansion’ is likely to be the most suitable current expansion for you.
A lot of expansions for the Electron require either a Acorn Plus 1 or a PRES Plus 1 or other equivalent that has cartridge slots. Such as the mega game cartridge for example.

As you have already posted in the ‘Electron SD Interface & SW Ram Expansion’, I suggest you be patient. Most of the modern expansions / interfaces / adaptors / hardware is produced by members in small numbers in their spare time.

If you want a Plus 1, then it is best to post up a wanted post for that on its own rather.

Dave H. is still working on the second version of the Mega Games Cartridge.

Mark

owen2471

Post by owen2471 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:14 pm

Thanks for the info