Electron SD Interface & SW Ram Expansion

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
Ramtop

Re: Electron SD Interface & SW Ram Expansion

Post by Ramtop » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:40 pm

Good to hear it worked for you :)

Little update: I'm now offering tracked shipping to the EU as some people have requested it. Also, I've been testing an ElkSD64 build of MMFS2 (which does away with the need for a beeb.mmb file) and will knock up something for download if there's interest in it. Obviously MMFS2 is still experimental and may be buggy, and it breaks game menus, but it's fun to play with.
Gary

0xC0DE

Post by 0xC0DE » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Count me in!
0xC0DE
:idea: Follow me on Twitter :idea: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro

retromarky

Post by retromarky » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi
Are these still available please?
I'd like one if so :)

Kind regards
Retro Marky

Ramtop

Post by Ramtop » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Yes, I still have a couple left. Use the 'contact us' button at the bottom of the page to ask the mods for PM access then send me a PM and I'll get one sorted out for you.
Gary

dicesare

Post by dicesare » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am

Good morning for everyone,
I'm new user, I can't contact Gary (Ramtop) via PM.
I'm proud owner of an Acorn Electron and searching for a mass storage solution different from Plus 3 and disk.
So I found this marvellous SD Interface (with plus RAM exp).
If you can contact me I'm interested for one interface shipped in Italy
Thanks

Claudio

1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 pm

retromarky wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:12 pm
Hi
Are these still available please?
I'd like one if so :)

Kind regards
Retro Marky
dicesare wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am
Good morning for everyone,
I'm new user, I can't contact Gary (Ramtop) via PM.
I'm proud owner of an Acorn Electron and searching for a mass storage solution different from Plus 3 and disk.
So I found this marvellous SD Interface (with plus RAM exp).
If you can contact me I'm interested for one interface shipped in Italy
Thanks

Claudio
Hello Retro Marky and Claudio

Welcome to StarDot :D

You may wish to say hello in the introduce yourself section.

The ability to reply to, or to send Private Messages (PMs) is disabled for new members at first. However you can ask for full PM functionality to be enabled by using the ‘Contact us’ link (envelope icon) at the bottom of every page. This sends a message to the admin’s who will consider your request. They are more likely to enable full PM functionality if you demonstrate that you are a friendly member. So please do consider telling us about yourself and your hobbies in the introduce yourself section.

Mark

bigheaduk

Post by bigheaduk » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi Ramtop,

Do you have any of the SD card readers left for sale, postage to UK? I've recently joined the forum so don't yet have the ability to PM (I have requested, but that was only the other day).

Regards,
Adam.

Ramtop

Post by Ramtop » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:29 pm

If you can't get PM access, drop me an email at my username @gmx.co.uk and we'll get an ElkSD64 sorted for you.
Gary

Barnabas

Post by Barnabas » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:03 am

Hi Gary,

Just emailed you as I don't seem to have a PM option (although that might just be me being dim).

Ramtop

Post by Ramtop » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 pm

You're not being dim at all :)

The PM option isn't enabled until you have 25 posts on the forum. I got your email and have replied.
Gary

joemorgan

Post by joemorgan » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Hey!

I'm Interested on it.

Please, how could i get one?

Thanks in advance! :D

Ramtop

Post by Ramtop » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:33 pm

Just the same as above, drop me an email at my username @gmx.co.uk
Gary

bigheaduk

Post by bigheaduk » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:20 pm

Received and playing with it, many thanks!

Barnabas

Post by Barnabas » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:00 pm

I have to say thanks for this - received the interface this morning and I've just been trying some games which all seem to be working fine!

The Electron was my first computer - my original machine went as a hand-me-down to my cousins when I got an Amiga in 1991. I bought a Master a couple of years ago, but using the Electron again is pure nostalgia for me. In the past week I've picked up a new Elk for £30ish which has cleaned up perfectly and is now working fine after a re-seating of the ULA and clean of the keyboard connector. I'd forgotten what a great little computer it is and it's so much smaller than I remember it as well (probably because I'm much bigger :lol: )

Ramtop

Post by Ramtop » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Glad to hear you both got your interfaces ok.

The Elk is a funny machine. I don't have any history with it, for me the 80s were filled with various Sinclairs and Commodores, and there were plenty of better specced machines even BITD, but I find myself using it more than any of my other 8-bit machines.
Gary

owen2471

Post by owen2471 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:42 am

Hello do you have any interfaces left. And how much ? Thanks