Quest Paint and Master ROM

want to contribute an update to the archive? post it here!
DutchAcorn

Quest Paint and Master ROM

Post by DutchAcorn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Attached are the images for Quest Paint (1.10) and the Master ROM (1.01). As requested in this post. Both 64K 32K. The Master ROM uses the CCIWORD carrier board.

The carrier for the Quest rom is different:
quest carrier top.jpg
quest carrier bottom.jpg
Edit: corrections as pointed out by Pernod.
Attachments
Master ROM.zip
(22.09 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Quest Paint.zip
(21.28 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Last edited by DutchAcorn on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul

Pernod

Re: Quest Paint and Master ROM

Post by Pernod » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:14 pm

Thanks, though this does raise more questions. Are you sure they're 64K? Both Quest Paint and Master ROM are usually 32K, and both match what I already have though yours are mirrored to fill 64K.

You also say that Master ROM uses the same PALPROM as The Publisher, ie. CCIBASE, but I'm sure I've seen somewhere else that it uses CCIWORD (which I haven't deciphered yet).
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.

DutchAcorn

Post by DutchAcorn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:21 pm

Pernod wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:14 pm
Thanks, though this does raise more questions. Are you sure they're 64K? Both Quest Paint and Master ROM are usually 32K, and both match what I already have though yours are mirrored to fill 64K.

You also say that Master ROM uses the same PALPROM as The Publisher, ie. CCIBASE, but I'm sure I've seen somewhere else that it uses CCIWORD (which I haven't deciphered yet).
Ah. Well, I assumed 64K and read the roms using that setting. I saw the data ran to the end of the 64K and did not check if it was 2 x 32K. They are in fact 32K roms.

About the PALPROM, you are right there as well. I checked, it is marked CCIWORD.
Paul

Pernod

Post by Pernod » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm

DutchAcorn wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:21 pm
Ah. Well, I assumed 64K and read the roms using that setting. I saw the data ran to the end of the 64K and did not check if it was 2 x 32K. They are in fact 32K roms.
Thanks for the clarification. If you have a B+/Master/Compact then I strongly suspect the Master ROM will work in a 32K socket without it's carrier board.
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.