Acorn Electron - ACP, PRES roms etc. on DFS image anyone?

discussion of beeb/electron applications, languages, utils and educational s/w
uniforix

Acorn Electron - ACP, PRES roms etc. on DFS image anyone?

Post by uniforix » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:53 pm

EDIT: Of course I think I just found ABR roms/tools in a thread just after posting the question but couldn't find them before,....
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5672&start=30&hilit=ABR+tools

If anyone has a good SSD full of ACP/PRES roms would be good to have though :-)

---
Hi everyone

My Electron seems to have been playing up a bit and I've opened it and given it a small clean and re-seated keyboard etc. but not before it managed to crash whilst I was trying to write ABR roms from a new cart to disk, and seems to have wiped the ABR software from my new Tube/ABR cart. The machine kept freezing and outputing random line breaks and sometimes BASIC keywords when I had both Plus 1 cartridge slots populate, although it appears to be stable again now.

Anyway, my main question is, does anyone have the ABR rom/tools on SSD which my elk seemed to destroy when it crash :-/

Thanks

Anthony.
Last edited by uniforix on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
---

Electron Forever
www.electronforever.co.uk

daveejhitchins

Re: Acorn Electron - ACP, PRES roms etc. on DFS image anyone?

Post by daveejhitchins » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:53 am

While you had your Electron apart did you clean the rear expansion connector? If not, it's well worth doing! You'll need to remove the main board completely to clean it properly.

Here are the ABR Utils:

ABRUTIL.SSD.zip
(16.9 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ARA III, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com