Vintage Collections

Talk about non-Acorn classic computers/hardware/software here (including retro consoles)
SimonSideburns

Re: Vintage Collections

Post by SimonSideburns » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:52 pm

I'll probably miss off some things and edit multiple times, as I have stuff on the ground floor of our bungalow, in the loft and most likely in the large shed that we filled not long after we moved in 6 years ago.

Computers:

2 x A3020, one with hard drive. Probably still have original batteries in (must sort that even though I should have done so last time they were out of the loft)
1 or 2 (can't recall) BBC Master machines
2 or maybe 3 BBC B machines. Unknown revisions of boards. One has a multi-coloured keyboard including bright orange and yellow keys (you might remember me posting about it when I bought the job lot of stuff that included it). One has a RetroClinic Datacentre.
2 x ZX Spectrum 48K+. One I won in a raffle on facebook, the other is contained in a briefcase with microdrive and zx printer, and was used for accountancy stuff. I believe some of the software is still accessible on the microdrive cartridges.
Sinclair QL. This was my last purchase, and it came with a floppy interface card. I've not played with it much at all. It works really well with a CUB monitor.
Acorn Electron. Came with a busted ULA and I was helped out on stardot to get it working with a replacement ULA. Works well but haven't played much with it.
Amstrad Notebook NC100. Was my brothers and main fuse was blown - so a quick cheap fix later and it works well.
Atari ST1040f that was donated to me with three monitors and tonnes of disks by my mother-in-law.
Sinclair ZX81. Have never tried it out as I've not dug my large 22" TV out of the shed to plug it into, and it hasn't been composite modded.

Not quite so old:

Compaq 286 Laptop. Years earlier I had found a numeric keypad but had no idea what it plugged in to, but kept it anyway. Then when I got this Compaq laptop the keypad fits perfectly into the side of the keyboard. This laptop has never been working as it kind of powered up but wouldn't do much, so my friend attempted to help me by cutting out the Dallas chip and maybe caught the circuit board with the dremel, and it's been sat in the loft in bits ever since.

Toshiba Satellite Pro 220CS laptop with Intel 133Mhz CPU. Was supplied with 1Gb hard drive but was upgraded to a 20Gb drive. Was really slow running Windows so I installed Damn Small Linux in the early 2000s. Only PC machine I've ever used that has infra red serial connection which I used to use on a Nokia mobile phone to connect the laptop to a client's Sco UNIX server to perform software updates (was obviously very slow).

Consoles:

Nintendo Gamecube. Bought to play Animal Crossing on to keep wife occupied while suffering from extreme morning sickness while pregnant in 2007. Hasn't been out of loft for 6 years or so.

Other retro peripherals/stuff:

Epson LX-80 dot matrix printer
Sinclair Cambridge calculator. Black, in white plastic case but unboxed without instructions.
Plotmate A4 Plotter
Music 500 system
Grundig 22" Super Color (notice the spelling) TV from around 1981. The TV referred to above. This was our family TV in the 1980s.
Acorn badged PS/2 keyboard (with nothing else Acorn to plug it in to).
Jones Sewing machine. It's about 1 metre long. Completely mechanical. Think it's one of the ones that can accept punch cards (or maybe tape?) with knitting patterns on that the machine can then knit. Have only really tried to set it up once and it worked almost perfectly (maybe needs a little machine oil). Would love to do more with this but that's a long way off.
2 x AT style keyboards with the really solid construction and extra-clicky keys. They are a joy to type on, and even though I don't currently use a desktop PC I still keep them around just in case.

A whole bunch of electronics components that my wife acquired when she bought her last house before we were a couple. I think the guy who owned the house before she did was in the Navy. Some of them are still new old stock in anti-static plastic embedded in foam. I have no idea what I have nor how useful the items are these days.

That'll do for now, I'm a bit fed up with typing on my laptop keyboard as the quality of modern keyboards takes the biscuit. The number of times I have to go back to edit text (I'm a touch typist) is stupid. It's not my typing that is the problem, it's the keyboard.
I'm writing a game where you can change your character from a Wizard to a monkey to a cat.

Well, Imogen that!

Dan1975

Post by Dan1975 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:24 am

Slowly rebuilding my collection after stupidly selling my previous lot (which included a Falcon!!) :oops:

Currently have:-

BBC B with gotek
Acorn Electron with Slogger Master RAM board
Atari 520STFM
SNES
PS2
Sensible Software edition Mini Megadrive

Still got a long way to go lol

sbadger

Post by sbadger » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:57 am

ok, here we go

* about 5 bbc b's, various issues, including my original childhood Oak cased one
* 5 Masters inc one with a 512, a NULA, PiCopro and SD card
* A3020 2mb
* x3 A3000s 4mb, all econet +1 IDE, one with leakage problems
* Electron
* RiscPC 600 (with 710CPU card)
* Atom

off topic
* x2 Spectrum+
* x2 Toastracks +DivMMC future
* ZX81 (thanks Kieran!)
* x4 C64 (one is C64C) and SD2IEC with JiffyDOS
* Amiga A600
* Atari 7800
* Dragon32
* Apple II Europlus
* SNES (+NES & Snes minis :roll: )
* Megadrive II
* Mastersystem
* Gamecube
* N64
* Wii & WiiU
* Gameboy original, color, advance, advance sp, DS lite, 3DS xl, New 3ds XL
* Switch
* Playstation 1,2,3,4, PSP & OLED Vita
* Xbox 360 & One X
* Jamma Arcade Cabinet :oops:
* x2 Sony PVM (one broken #-o :-({|= )
* about 5 Philips cm8833 variants

EDIT, just remembered:
*Toshiba HX10 MSX

probably more.. i can't recall :oops:

I'd like an Apple IIc, and might pick up an AtariST of some sort if I see one for a good price.
Last edited by sbadger on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
So many projects, so little time...

Boydie

Post by Boydie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Probably forget a few:

System 3
Atom x2
BBC Model A
BBC Model B x4
BBC Model B+ 128
Electron
BBC Master x3 (Turbo, 512, ET)
Communicator
Briefcase Communicator
Cambridge Workstation x2 (one 32016, one ARM1)
A310 x 3
A420
A540
A500
A680
A3000 x2
A3010
A4000
A5000
A4
R140
RiscPC x2 (600 & 700)

ZX81 x2 (one unbuilt kit)
Spectrum 48k x2
Spectrum +
QL

Commodore 16
VIC 20
Commodore 64x2

TRS80 Model III (48k, twin drives)

Nascom 1

Apple IIe
Mac II SE

Sun Ultra 5

Edit: Forgot a few
Filestore x3 (E01S x2, E01, plus E60S x2, E20)
Econet Bridge
Second processors (6502, Z80, 32016, ARM1, 80286)
Teletext adapter x2
Prestel adapter
Music 500, 4000, 5000, 87 x2
Bitstick

Edit 2: Also forgot the A7000 and Multimedia Expansion Unit
And the Master Compact!
Last edited by Boydie on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BigEd

Post by BigEd » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:40 pm

I think you win the National Semiconductor most valuable player award Boydie!

But do you also have an IEEE488 cheesewedge?

Boydie

Post by Boydie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:50 pm

Sadly, no.
Or an Econet/X25 gateway, which was apparently purple!

Dan1975

Post by Dan1975 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Dan1975 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:24 am
Slowly rebuilding my collection after stupidly selling my previous lot (which included a Falcon!!) :oops:

Currently have:-

BBC B with gotek
Acorn Electron with Slogger Master RAM board
Atari 520STFM
SNES
PS2
Sensible Software edition Mini Megadrive

Still got a long way to go lol
Well my collection has just had a sudden unexpected boost!

A colleague from work cleared out his attic, and has very kindly let me have, an Amiga 1200, a CD32, an original PlayStation and a Commodore 64!!

I have also just purchased an Atari 520STe upgraded to 1meg

kieranhj

Post by kieranhj » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Dan1975 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:26 pm
Well my collection has just had a sudden unexpected boost!

A colleague from work cleared out his attic, and has very kindly let me have, an Amiga 1200, a CD32, an original PlayStation and a Commodore 64!!

I have also just purchased an Atari 520STe upgraded to 1meg
Good work! You definitely owe your colleague a beer. Amiga 1200’s go for £££ especially with HDD, although might want to check for battery damage.
Bitshifters Collective | Retro Code & Demos for BBC Micro & Acorn computers | https://bitshifters.github.io/