Aries shadow RAM boards

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
philb

Aries shadow RAM boards

Post by philb » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:55 pm

I just found a box of Aries B20 and B32 boards in varying conditions. Any use to anybody?

Lardo Boffin

Re: Aries shadow RAM boards

Post by Lardo Boffin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:19 pm

I could give a B32 a good home please! How much?
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Viglen twin 40/80 5.25" discs, Acorn 6502 coproc
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc
BBC Master, Datacentre + HDD, pi co-proc

philb

Post by philb » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:03 pm

I conducted a slightly more detailed survey, which reveals that I have three B32s but all of them need some repair to the 40-pin header that plugs into the CPU socket. I've no idea what one of those is worth really, how does £15 including postage sound? CJE are listing them for about £70 but presumably theirs are tested and working :-)

I also have...

One Aries B20, seems to be complete and the 40-pin header is undamaged!

One WE "13-ROM board"

One ATPL "Sidewise"

Three Aries B12 sideways ROM boards, though one of them is missing the adapter card that plugs into the motherboard sockets.

One Torch Z80 Communicator, seems to be complete and in decent condition

Plus a bunch of ROMs plugged into them: View, ViewStore, LISP, BCPL, Pascal C/I, LOGO, Basic Editor, Watford DDFS, Watford NLQ, SJ Support, SSMP, AMX "PM" (whatever that is), 1770 DFS, and a few unlabelled EPROMs that might or might not still have bits in.

(Edit: somehow typed "Aries" in the wrong place to start with... !)
Last edited by philb on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:22 pm

philb wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:03 pm
Aries B12 sideways ROM boards, though one of them is missing the adapter card that plugs into the motherboard sockets
I have a B12 board and adaptor that covers 4 rom sockets, but mine does not work (for why I don't know..)
the 2x8k ram works in other ram cards, & also when roms are on the main board, nothing shows up, so get "Language?" :roll:

don't know if got time to play, but how much out of interest, (main card & adaptor, so can rule out adaptor /vise versa)
ImageImageImage

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:30 pm

I think for the B12, it needs another board over the 6502, I don't have that, as gets the 5 feeds from my B32
pics of my bits just for clarity:

EDIT, has 5 wires not4 #-o
Attachments
b12 main.jpg
b32 add.jpg
b32 also conn.jpg
Last edited by CMcDougall on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

philb

Post by philb » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Good point, that does sound vaguely familiar. I think I have a working Beeb at my office with a B20 in (and no B32), I'll have to take a peek and see exactly how it's set up.

aotta

Post by aotta » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:55 am

Hi Philb, i am interested in one of the B32's, is there one still available?