BBC - Torch Communications Software

discussion of beeb/electron applications, languages, utils and educational s/w
John_Newcombe

BBC - Torch Communications Software

Post by John_Newcombe » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:04 pm

I have recently resurrected my BBC with Torch Communicator (Z80 Card), and I am keen to get the Torch videotext software up and running. I would really like to use it with Telstar.

I have the Torch Communications guide which includes instructions for the the videotex software TORCHTEL however, I cannot find the Software anywhere. I also have, the torch UNICOMMS software package which includes the videotex software UNIVIEW, however, I have no instructions for this and, based on my experiments, I suspect it 'needs' the Torch supplied OEL Telemod 2 modem in order to signal carrier detect etc.

Does anyone have any information on any of this stuff? I would love to get something up and running.

John_Newcombe

Re: BBC - Torch Communications Software

Post by John_Newcombe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:22 pm

I managed to gain some ground with Torch UNIVIEW Viewdata software using the Telstar service.Only on an emulator at the moment but making progress. Anyone had this running?
ImageImage

philb

Post by philb » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Oh, that's quite cool. I also have a bunch of Torch hardware lying around but I don't think I have a copy of UNIVIEW. I'll have to look it out.

John_Newcombe

Post by John_Newcombe » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:14 am

I'm just gettiing back into Torch but only have a couple of z80 cards. What hardware do you have?

I like the fact that I can make the disks easily with a Data centre.
Last edited by John_Newcombe on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.