Free: monitor & teletext adapter

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
cmorley

Free: monitor & teletext adapter

Post by cmorley » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:37 pm

I have a monochrome monitor and Morley (no relation) teletext adapter FOC to a good home.

The monitor is genuinely untested and has no mains plug. It has marks on the plastic where the mains lead has been on it for years. I suspect it has been stored in a shed... could have some corrosion.

I have the disc for the teletext adapter but it looks mouldy. Might be cleanable but otherwise get a download and bin it/keep it for show only.
Photo0771.jpg
Photo0772.jpg
Photo0773.jpg
Photo0774.jpg
Photo0777.jpg
Photo0778.jpg
Will post at cost or collect from Oxford, next RiscOS show (London) or next ABUG (Leicester '18).

Edit: if there are no takers they will go to the tip... weeee :(
Last edited by cmorley on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1024MAK

Re: Free: monitor & teletext adapter

Post by 1024MAK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:14 pm

If no one else wants these, I would like to save them from silicon heaven. The monochrome monitor may be useful for a display for one of the monochrome computers that I own (ZX80, ZX81, Video Genie).

I would prefer to collect at the Leicester ABUG meet-up if that's okay.

Mark
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk NOW!
BeebWiki‬ - for answers to many questions...

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Would be interested in the TText adaptor, as not got any in my collection, I hate old stuff going to tip!

Will PM in a mo if someone does not take it while I've typed this...
ImageImageImage

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:17 pm

knew it :lol:
Last edited by danielj on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adjusted for profanity.
ImageImageImage

1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:23 pm

You can have the teletext adapter if you want it Colin.

Mark
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk NOW!
BeebWiki‬ - for answers to many questions...

cmorley

Post by cmorley » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:29 pm

OK. The monitor was previously used with a Master I'm told so I imagine it will do fine with any 80s machines. It might be an amber display.

Colin: TT adapter
Mark: monitor

If anyone else really wants the monitor then PM Mark + me and I'll throw a dice or something.

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 pm

many Thanks Mr. M =D> / BipBop!

received today, & your right about the 51/4" 80T disc,
it does indeed look like it's growing on underneath side, being Dr0 :shock:

Cheers 8)
ImageImageImage

cmorley

Post by cmorley » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:23 pm

Good to hear it arrived safe and sound. I received the money for the P&P, thanks Colin.

All the other disks I got in the same lot are mouldy too. Most were "backups" :wink: or data disks but there are the original Master 512 GEM disks... mouldy :(

The master works after replacing the PSU caps appart from a few dicky keys. I've not tried the 512 board yet but I've no reason to think it won't work. The mouse needs a plug - got chopped off at some point in the last 30 years. Should be easy to replace. I've go the manual too. It's a shame about the floppies.

daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:39 am

cmorley wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:23 pm
All the other disks I got in the same lot are mouldy too. Most were "backups" :wink: or data disks but there are the original Master 512 GEM disks... mouldy :(
If the discs are important (?) they do clean-up and usually work OK . . .

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

cmorley

Post by cmorley » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:35 am

daveejhitchins wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:39 am
If the discs are important (?) they do clean-up and usually work OK . . .
Dave H :D
I found disc images on the internet so I can get it working with a Gotek or write new floppies. It's just that otherwise I think I pretty much have the complete set of Master 512 bits including the quick reference cards and key strips.