wanted: smallymouse2

wanted ads for hardware, software + literature (NOT for tape/disc image requests)
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
rthorntn

wanted: smallymouse2

Post by rthorntn » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:25 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a Acorn smallymouse2 at around the 15 quid mark and for someone to pop it in an envelope to Oz, can someone please help, the ones on ebay are expensive.

Update: I will be in the UK next week so I might even be able to grab it locally?

Thanks.

Richard
Last edited by rthorntn on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

danielj

Re: wanted: smallymouse2

Post by danielj » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:19 am

£15 is what they cost for parts, roughly, assuming you're doing them in bulk. I think it unlikely you'll get someone making them available at that price, but you never know! I'm happy to pop a pcb in the post to a UK address for a quid. :)

d.

Elminster

Post by Elminster » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:27 am

You might be able to get a USB to Amiga one cheaper. You can then make up a cable from the Amiga mouse connector to userport. It is what I did before smallymouse. They dont look pretty though. Scale of economics means you might get an Amiga one cheaper.

rthorntn

Post by rthorntn » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:48 am

Thanks, happy to have a used one for 15 quid.

Where I'm at:

I just purchased 10 processors for 30 quid. If the boards are under 100x100mm then I should be able to get 10 of them for 4 quid from pcbway, i have other stuff to order so I can spread the postage across a bunch of stuff, the rest of the board components are pennies each, lets say 20 quid for all the other parts to make 10 boards. So 54 quid for 10.

I ordered a metal tqfp-64 stencil from proto advantage and I have paste and an oven, so I'm thinking that I solder the MCU that way and finish it off with the soldering iron.

I will update you all when I get all that done, I could send a board with just the MCU populated to people that want them for around 10 quid.

danielj

Post by danielj » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:24 am

Confused - if you're building a set do you still want to buy one?

d.

Elminster

Post by Elminster » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:32 am

danielj wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:24 am
Confused - if you're building a set do you still want to buy one?

d.
I thought it was just me. Lost the plot.