Atomulator Keyboard

discussion of games, software, hardware & emulators relating to the Acorn Atom
Greyheart

Atomulator Keyboard

Post by Greyheart » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:29 am

Hey everyone,

I am using the latest build, 1.28 and wondered if there is a PC keyboard to Atom keyboard mapping sheet available?

I ask because I can't find a PC key that gives me an asterix (*) on the Atom. I get a ( bracket if I press shift 8.

I have tried quite a few things, including pressing every key on the keyboard, older builds and searching various boards, including here. I have also tried using the inbuilt redefine keys function, although I am not entirely sure I understand how that works yet - subject for another day maybe. I have also tried setting my keyboard from UK to US but with no joy.

I suspect it is something silly I have overlooked, any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

hoglet

Re: Atomulator Keyboard

Post by hoglet » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:44 am

Greyheart wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:29 am
I ask because I can't find a PC key that gives me an asterix (*) on the Atom. I get a ( bracket if I press shift 8.
On my laptop it's it's the key two to the right of L, shifted, which is marked with an @.

You can refined the keys if you like.

Dave

Greyheart

Post by Greyheart » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:10 am

Thanks Dave, your feedback was useful.

I think I was looking for a nice star shape but it actually comes out as more of a blob on the Atom, is that right? If so, found it :)
Last edited by Greyheart on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

roland

Post by roland » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:32 pm

That is correct, the * on an Atom looks more like a 45 degrees rotated square or a small diamond :)
256K + 6502 Inside
MAN WOMAN :shock: