Oakley Manor?

reminisce about bbc micro & electron games like chuckie egg, repton, elite & exileRelated forum: adventures

MrCoconuts

Oakley Manor?

Post by MrCoconuts » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Hey, anyone remember this game? I can't find anywhere...

Played in a south west England school, probably on Master, around 1988-1992. Might be an educational title rather than a game.

I think the title was Oakley manor.

You ran a medival manor controlling crop sewing, sheep, bread, logs and workers. You had a limited set of plots which you had to manage with crop rotation or forest clearance etc. Gameplay was a turn each season.
You could trade by barter: sheep for logs etc.

As 12 year olds we realised we could buy -8 sheep etc to cheat, or to sell everything and buy sheep before the lambing season which was a slightly more legitimate way to win. Remember having 2.109 E03 sheep or somthing similar...

Ring any bells?

lurkio

Re: Oakley Manor?

Post by lurkio » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:28 pm

MrCoconuts wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:20 pm
Hey, anyone remember this game? I can't find anywhere... Played in a south west England school, probably on Master, around 1988-1992. Might be an educational title rather than a game. I think the title was Oakley manor.
Haven't heard of this one.

Can you remember any details about the game such as the software house or the publisher? Was it tape or disc? Etc.

:?:

MrCoconuts

Re: Oakley Manor?

Post by MrCoconuts » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Hmm... Its a long time ago!

Definitely disc.
Paired with other game on disc, but can't remember what it was.

Possibly acornsoft.

Distinctive theme tune (8 notes).

Crop management was hard: fields always turned barren which was red b's I think. Ready to harvest Wheat was yellow w's!