BBC, electron, atom, arch(?) on retropie?

want to talk about MESS/model b/beebem/b-em/electrem/elkulator? do it here!
iainjh

BBC, electron, atom, arch(?) on retropie?

Post by iainjh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi

Has anyone got beebem or other compiled, working on retropie and added to emulation station etc?

I’ve read various threads that seem to lead to nowhere, missing sound etc,and mess seems a bit of a dead end re performance

I did see a mention of a build for sale in Kickstarter but nothing now happening it seems.

Anyone got these working?

As an aside it’d be great to focus a retropie build on computers not games machines... the acorns would beef such a collection up massively!

Cheers

trixster

Re: BBC, electron, atom, arch(?) on retropie?

Post by trixster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm

I have both beebem and b-em working on my Pi, one of which (can’t remember which but I think it’s beebem) runs through emulationstation and the other through the desktop. Both work fine however the one that goes through emulationstation hangs if you try to open a disk requestor, so you can’t save your game or machine state. I think this is because it’s not compiled for sdl2.

I haven’t used them for a year or two so my recollection is hazy. Performance with both emulators is fine with an Rpi3.
Last edited by trixster on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A3020 | A3000 | A420/1 | BBC B + 128K RAM/ROM + 20K Shadow + Pi0 + VideoNuLA
Master Turbo + DC + BeebSID | Atom | A4000 060 | A3000 060 | A1200 060 | A500
Atari Falcon 060 | Saturn | PS1 | SNES | CPC6128 | C64 | 3DO | MD | Jaguar

Elminster

Re: BBC, electron, atom, arch(?) on retropie?

Post by Elminster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 pm

trixster wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm
I have both beebem and b-em working on my Pi, one of which (can’t remember which but I think it’s beebem) runs through emulationstation and the other through the desktop. Both work fine however the one that goes through emulationstation hangs if you try to open a disk requestor, so you can’t save your game or machine state. I think this is because it’s not compiled for sdl2.

I haven’t used them for a year or two so my recollection is hazy. Performance with both emulators is fine with an Rpi3.
Really I found they all worked (including B2) but performance was fairly poor. They were both compiled from source, but were running under raspbian. I didn’t try any tuning.