Fugitive's Quest

discuss text & graphic adventures for Acorns. level 9, robico & epic led this field
sirbod

Fugitive's Quest

Post by sirbod » Tue May 15, 2018 6:57 am

Does anyone know how to get off the train at the start? I think you have to get out the toilet window, but I'm struggling with the parser if that is the correct route.

EDIT: You need to remove your shoes before going to the toilet...like that isn't suspicious :roll:
Last edited by sirbod on Mon May 21, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

fuzzel

Re: Fugitive's Quest

Post by fuzzel » Tue May 15, 2018 5:17 pm

I'd love to help but I'm not familiar with this one. A quick google suggests it's an Archimedes game by Robico.
I'll download a copy if I can find one and have a go tomorrow.
Incidentally, does anyone have a list of Robico games across all micros ?

fuzzel

Post by fuzzel » Fri May 18, 2018 6:13 pm

I've done a bit of research about this game and it looks as though it was written by Jonathan Evans who wrote The Cube of Zoth, a nice little game which I played last year.

sirbod

Post by sirbod » Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 am

If it's any use, I dumped the adventure verbs file. Note that it only understands the first four letters of a word, so some might be ambiguous. Also note some key verbs are absent, such as REMOVE:

READ BREA TAKE CLIM JUMP LEVE UNLO SEAR PUSH PULL PUT CUT PICK HOLD BUY GIVE BARG RING ENTE THRO TIE UNTI SWIM HOIS WRAP WAIT OPEN SWIT SLEP HITC YES NO LIGH UNBO MAKE PLUG HIDE WAKE SHOW ATTA KNOC STAN SAIL WEAR SHOU EXTI BLOC DROP THRO CHUC EXAM INSP LOOK GAZE STAR AGAI LIST GOTO END SHOW

There are a few other verbs for turning graphics on/off, verbose/normal text, auto/manual scrolling which I've not listed as they're in the in-game menu.