Black Angel

chat about arc/risc pc gaming & RISC OS software here (NOT the core OS!)Related forum: adventures

Dunkinator

Re: Black Angel

Post by Dunkinator » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 pm

@jms - No error message, just no option to reply or PM you!

jms2

Post by jms2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Are pms enabled for you generally? I see you've only made 15 posts in total, so maybe not yet.

Solution: I will PM you my email address.

sirbod

Post by sirbod » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Thought I'd give this game another try as I still need to record a video of it. I've still not figured out how to jump between systems, but am pretty sure it can be done as you can buy gate passes from planets and space stations.

The other issue I'm finding is how to navigate around a system, for example you might take a job to deliver a parcel to planet Dill - but have no idea where Dill is in the system. Added to that, the whole "press L" to log messages in the ships log is frustrating as its easy to forget.

I'd say the game also has some major bugs, for example other ships in the area always stay in your local space - as if the game isn't adjusting their position relative to you based on your vector/speed. The other big issue appears to be the Save option, which is invariably greyed out - I'll have to have a look at the BASIC code to see why it's doing this, as it doesn't appear to be consistent.