White Light is a vertical scrolling shootemup and boasts the following features:
- 14 huge, increasingly-taxing levels which total 90k of data
- Beautiful graphics and detailed background scenery, designed by professional video game artist John Blythe
- Uses the SDS engine for fast, smooth vertical scrolling in Mode 2
- 12 enemy ship formations plus static turrets and reactors
- Collect power ups and achieve up to 4-way multidirectional fire
- Listen to 4 pulsating music tracks whilst you play
- High score table with music and saving of scores
- Keyboard or Joystick control.
- For me, this is the best shoot-em up game ever released for the Beeb (Chris N)
- This game's been in development a long time, but it's worth the wait ... it's a really great game - best shoot-em-up on the BBC bar none, I'd say. Very polished. (Jools H)
- It's just amazing for a beeb and feels very polished. Absolutely fantastic effort ... congratulations!! (Lance D)
For this release we have managed to source a quantity of new and unused vinyl disc wallets - as used by Acornsoft together with the likes of Micro Power, Superior Software (circa 1985-86) and Ocean/Imagine Software.
100 copies of the BBC Micro 5.25" DFS version will be made available for sale together with 25 copies of the Master Compact 3.5" ADFS version.
Price £12.00 each plus £3.00 UK postage.
To reserve your copy, please PM me to let me know which version you'd like (BBC 5.25" DFS or Master Compact 3.5" ADFS) and I'll supply the payment details (payment by Paypal only please).
I will begin posting the discs out on Monday 4th December.
The BBC Micro version is compatible with the BBC Model B, B+ and BBC Master whilst the Master Compact version is also compatible with a BBC Master with 3.5" drive.
No forms of storage other than floppy drives are supported, though it has been tested on a BBC B/Master running from USB stick with Datacentre and also on a BBC Master with CF-Flash ADFS Hard Drive.
White Light will also be available as a free download!