Bbc iplayer

on-topic acorn-related discussions not covered by the other forums
elecdrum

Bbc iplayer

Post by elecdrum » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:37 pm

I see see some episodes of micro live and the computer program are on iplayer just now.

daveejhitchins

Re: Bbc iplayer

Post by daveejhitchins » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:43 pm

Ooooh! Ta. I can watch those whilst Mrs. H is asleep :lol:

Dave H :D

Zarchos

Post by Zarchos » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:58 pm

BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only. Find out why.
If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Bad luck I can't watch it, because of rights agreements ...

paulb

Post by paulb » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Zarchos wrote:BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only. Find out why.
If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Bad luck I can't watch it, because of rights agreements ...
There's always YouTube and the results of random people doing the BBC's work for them by recording television that was actually worth watching (and keeping) back in the day. In my opinion, in contrast with the way that the BBC currently treats the people that pays their bills, the organisation should be going out of its way to let people watch the stuff that was made, even rewarding the people who, in some cases, are entirely responsible for there being any record of some programmes at all.

And as far as those of us who live outside Britain are concerned, you'd think that the British government would be only too happy to let us foreign-dwelling types see British cultural output and project "soft power", except that their idea of that has been reduced to shoving some kind of flag-waving, narrowly-focused theme park into everybody's faces and/or charging large sums for shows where, for example, three blokes drive around in cars making the same jokes until one of them eventually gets fired.

(Soft power is relatively cheap. Free television shows for foreigners would cost the taxpayer a lot less than replacing Trident and building two gas-powered aircraft carriers, with one having "phantom" (not F4 Phantom!) aircraft for the foreseeable future, and the other not getting any planes at all because they cost too much. But economic considerations clearly take a back seat to opportunities for public finance looting. :( )

nOmArch

Post by nOmArch » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Zarchos wrote:BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only. Find out why.
Just use a VPN or a proxy.
Alex

Back up to 1 Beeb again. \o/

Return to “general”