3.5' Shugart DS/DD 720K double drive set.

wanted ads for physical hardware, software + literature
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
chriskgnr

3.5' Shugart DS/DD 720K double drive set.

Post by chriskgnr »

I am looking for two(or a double drive set) 3.5' DS/DD 720K Shugart(and only Shugart old drives). Are there any of these drives? I have the Cumana 5.25' 720K 40/80 Shugart double drive set and i hope that there is somewhere a 3.5' Shugart double drive set. I am willing to exchange it with an AP Plus 1 Interface, a BBC/Electron joystick, plus a VIEW cartridge. I am also willing to buy it, if the price is ok.
jonb

Re: 3.5' Shugart DS/DD 720K double drive set.

Post by jonb »

Yes. There is a Dutch guy who sells them.

I'm away from my PC right now but I can post a link. Works on the BBC just fine (also with every other Shugart equipped machine I have tried). Not expensive either.

Here is mine connected to an Elk via a PRES interface
image.jpg
Last edited by jonb on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonb

Post by jonb »

richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey »

I haven't bought the drives from Ben, but have bought a couple of other things from him, and always been good. :D
chriskgnr

Post by chriskgnr »

Thank you all for your help! :D
-B-

Post by -B- »

I have had a few things from Ben too. Always top quality and quick delivery.

The dual drive he makes works well with the PRES AP3/4
IMG_0534.jpg
And many thanks to Dave H for upgrading my AP3 to an AP3/4.
Atom | BBC Model A | BBC Model B | Electron | Olivetti PC128S.

Return to “wanted”