Z80 CoPro Manuals

wanted ads for hardware, software + literature (NOT for tape/disc image requests)
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
TopBanana

Z80 CoPro Manuals

Post by TopBanana » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Evening

Does anyone have soft copies of the manual set for the Z80 Co Pro ?

How many were there ?

Many thanks

:D

mjforbes

Re: Z80 CoPro Manuals

Post by mjforbes » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Don't know if the attached are any use ... PDFs of the Z80 Basic User Guide and Z80 Second Processor User Guide.

Regards,

Matt
Attachments
BBC Micro series.zip
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
"We're happy as fish, as gorgeous as geese, and wonderfully clean in the morning."

g7jjf

Post by g7jjf » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:10 pm

You can download some from :

http://www.g7jjf.com/acornz80_manuals.htm

Jon.

nbelbin

Post by nbelbin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:11 pm

g7jjf wrote:You can download some from :

http://www.g7jjf.com/acornz80_manuals.htm
Thanks I downloaded a set for my z80 and bookmarked the site :)

TopBanana

Post by TopBanana » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Cheers Matt & Jon :D :D

mjforbes

Post by mjforbes » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Don't know if it's any use, but whilst looking for something else, I've just found a copy of "Introducing CP/M" on the BBC Micro Z80 Second Pocessor" (Bruce Smith, 1985). It's ex-Library stock, so not in perfect conditioin, but if you're it might be of some use, then it's yours for the cost of postage (I've got packing stuff lying around!)

It''s more a basic guide to CP/M, with a little insight as to the way the Beeb interacts with it through the Z80, but you never there might be a nugget or two of useful info in there!

M.
"We're happy as fish, as gorgeous as geese, and wonderfully clean in the morning."

nbelbin

Post by nbelbin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:18 pm

mjforbes wrote:Don't know if it's any use, but whilst looking for something else, I've just found a copy of "Introducing CP/M" on the BBC Micro Z80 Second Pocessor" (Bruce Smith, 1985). It's ex-Library stock, so not in perfect conditioin, but if you're it might be of some use, then it's yours for the cost of postage (I've got packing stuff lying around!)
I would gladly take it off your hands .. if it isnt going to cause a punch up with the OP ;)

mjforbes

Post by mjforbes » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:01 am

I'm off to France in about 20 mins (or as soon as they decide to throw the ropes.) (*) I'm not going to get an ebay-type fistfight going, but if anyone *really* wants it, then I'll whack it in the post.

Regards,

Matt

"Mont St Michel" - 0730 Portsmouth - Ouistreham (grab my dad, quick pression, then "MSM" back home, so he can see his grandkids)

TopBanana

Post by TopBanana » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Sorry guys, missed this.

Matt, thanks very much, I already have a copy :-)

Enjoy MSM - one of my favourite places :D :D even if you are only there briefly doing taxi duties :-) :D :D

mjforbes

Post by mjforbes » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:53 pm

TopBanana wrote: Enjoy MSM - one of my favourite places :D :D even if you are only there briefly doing taxi duties :-) :D :D
The thing sticking out of the sea is truly wonderful. The white thing that carries it's name is a f*****g monstrosity - that won't fit into St Malo (closest proper port to MSM itself).

Anyway - back to the UK on Monday; if anyone wants it, first to PM me can take it for whatever costs are borne by me. (Ie - postage, shoe leather and maybe a pint on top :) - No more than a few quid)

Matt-sur-Orne

nbelbin

Post by nbelbin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:57 pm

mjforbes wrote:
TopBanana wrote: Enjoy MSM - one of my favourite places :D :D even if you are only there briefly doing taxi duties :-) :D :D
The thing sticking out of the sea is truly wonderful. The white thing that carries it's name is a f*****g monstrosity - that won't fit into St Malo (closest proper port to MSM itself).

Anyway - back to the UK on Monday; if anyone wants it, first to PM me can take it for whatever costs are borne by me. (Ie - postage, shoe leather and maybe a pint on top :) - No more than a few quid)

Matt-sur-Orne
I saw the post after you had left so i was leaving things to see when you returned :)
I will have to grovel for PM access :)

mjforbes

Post by mjforbes » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:22 am

No idea why I said I'd be back on Monday - we're heading to the UK now ("Normandie" this time - a **proper** cruise ferry! Yay!)

nbel - drop me an email (mjforbes at gmail dot com) with your (postal) address, and I'll bung it in the post on Monday after I've done the school run.

Cheers,

Matt

jgharston

Post by jgharston » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:21 pm

TopBanana wrote:Does anyone have soft copies of the manual set for the Z80 Co Pro?
How many were there?
I think twelve. Skimming along my shelf:
Preparing the Z80 CoPro
Z80 BBC BASIC User Guide
Z80 Second Processer User Guide
Accountant User Guide
Z80 Professional Basic User Guide
FilePlan User Guide
MemoPlan User Guide
Nucleus System Generato5
Graph Plan User Guide
CIS COBOL with Animator and FORMS-2 User Guide
CIS COBOL Language Reference Manual
CP/M 2.2 with GSX Graphics for the BBC with Z80 CoPro

You might also be interested in the software at mdfs.net, non-CPM Z80 BBCBASIC, Hard Drive BIOS, alternative CCPs, system manipulation tools, various utilities.

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.25
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2015
>_

torrind

Post by torrind » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking for copies (hard or soft) of these two manuals:

CIS COBOL with Animator and FORMS-2 User Guide
CIS COBOL Language Reference Manual

Can anyone help please?

I'm happy to pay some (reasonable! :lol: )dosh for any help here.

Thanks,

Darren

Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:01 am

I lent my complete set to ihardcas who is scanning them all. It is however a monumental task so not sure how far he has got. I will ping him and ask.
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Retroclinic Datacentre + HDD, Viglen twin 40/80 5.25" discs, acorn cassette, Acorn 6502 coproc
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc
BBC Master

ihardcas

Post by ihardcas » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi,

Yes, I have scanned the manuals but not had chance to properly make the PDFs as good as they could be. I'm travelling currently and don't expect to be able to get the originals tarted up proper until the end of the week at least.

Email me at ihardcas@gmail.com and I'll send you what I have in the interim.

iain

torrind

Post by torrind » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Lardo / Iain,

Apologies for the delayed response - It's a shame work gets in the way of a great BBC CIS COBOL experience :lol:

Firstly, many thanks for your responses - Much appreciated.

Iain,

I will email you separately.

Thanks again both!

Darren

torrind

Post by torrind » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:08 pm

Thanks to Iain for the COBOL manuals =D>

I'm now looking to write a COBOL 'airline booking program' for 'Fly-By-Nite' airlines I did as a college project back in 1985. My aim is to write it from scratch with knowledge I've lost over 30 years ago....

I'll keep this forum updated from time to time on progress for those of you interested enough! :lol:

Once again, thank you all for the kindness and support I've received since joining this forum!

Darren

Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 am

I was reading a book about COBOL a while back and the way it did batch processing of record updates in a database type environment and that gave me considerable inspiration for how the on-line / off-line model of synchronisation woud work for our smartphone companion app at work.
COBOL is not dead!!! (aside from ##% of banking processes etc. still using it).
I would definitely be interested in updates. Just wish I had time to do anything with it myself.
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Retroclinic Datacentre + HDD, Viglen twin 40/80 5.25" discs, acorn cassette, Acorn 6502 coproc
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc
BBC Master

ihardcas

Post by ihardcas » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi all,

Manuals are available here: https://we.tl/x6t2VByAWE

Will also post in Hardware forum.

Iain