(Found - Thanks) RetroClinic DataCentre.

wanted ads for physical hardware, software + literature
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
Stwert

(Found - Thanks) RetroClinic DataCentre.

Post by Stwert » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:03 pm

I’m guessing this is going to be extraordinarily unlikely, but if there’s anywhere to ask, it’s here.

In the unlikely event anyone has a RetroClinic DataCentre they don’t want for some crazy reason, I’d love to hear from you.
Last edited by Stwert on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll be highly medicated and my humour can be twisted, so when I offend you, its not intentional, honest :lol:

danielj

Re: RetroClinic DataCentre.

Post by danielj » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:12 pm

I have to ask, is there a specific reason? As disc-interface+gotek+flashfloppy performs ostensibly the same sort of task with more compatibility?

Stwert

Post by Stwert » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Honestly? I'm a sucker for a gadget :lol:
I have a Gotek, storage with the Pi1MHz bus interface and a Turbo MMC type device. along with my actual floppy drives of course.
Technically there would be no crushing reason I need one as I pretty much have the main bases covered already.

However, there's the whole, ohhh gadget factor, and I quite like the idea of having USB host and slave interfaces available
It's one of those products which was always on my "to buy" list, not thinking that Mark would stop making them
I'll be highly medicated and my humour can be twisted, so when I offend you, its not intentional, honest :lol:

flaxcottage

Post by flaxcottage » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:25 pm

@danielj

Unless one has a Master then Gotek plus Datacentre plus real FDD plus Econet is absolutely AWESOME. :lol:
- John

Stwert

Post by Stwert » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:35 pm

I have a Master and a Model B, though due to space constraints at the moment, I’m only using the Master.

Once I finally get the office refitted, I’m hoping to have all three BEEBs fired up and have Econet running. Though again it will depend on space as there are, well, quite a few other computers I want to have set up, in position, for easy use. Rather than having to swap them around every time I want to use one, which is what I have to do at the moment.

The plan in my head should give me plenty of space, but there’s a damn big list of systems to accommodate :D

richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:37 pm

But ... you also need a Master Compact, an Electron, a B+64, and a B+128K. :twisted:

Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:34 am

And an Atom?
Adventure Language on GitHub
Atom, issue 5
Elk
A number of econetted (is that a word?) Beebs
BBC Master, Datacentre + HDD, pi co-proc, econet, NULA

Stwert

Post by Stwert » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:09 pm

richardtoohey wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:37 pm
But ... you also need a Master Compact, an Electron, a B+64, and a B+128K. :twisted:

The Election I have, any others are unlikely, I don’t even know where I’d put them :lol:

IanS

Post by IanS » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

BBC B+ with datacentre on the Facebook for sale group at the momemnt. Buy a datacentre, get a free BBC B+? (it's not my sale)

Stwert

Post by Stwert » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:36 am

IanS wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm
BBC B+ with datacentre on the Facebook for sale group at the momemnt. Buy a datacentre, get a free BBC B+? (it's not my sale)
I appreciate the heads-up, though it would involve me breaking my, never use &!$*?@! Facebook rule :lol:
Little wonder I didn’t even know there was a BEEB Facebook group.

Stwert

Re: (Found - Thanks) RetroClinic DataCentre.

Post by Stwert » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:16 am

Just updating to say that I have (or will very soon) have a DataCentre now, thanks to the very kind Dave.H. Cheers again.

Return to “wanted”