Wanted: Eagle M2 (or similar?) video capture Podule

wanted ads for physical hardware, software + literature
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
philpem

Wanted: Eagle M2 (or similar?) video capture Podule

Post by philpem »

I'm trying to complete an Eidoscope / Replay setup and I need a video capture podule.

Eidoscope is meant to work with the Computer Concepts / Wild Vision Eagle M2, though I suspect one of the Irlam cards might work too

Is anyone looking to sell?

I sadly just missed one ending at £15 + P&P on ebay due to a knock at the door. A blasted cold-calling salesman, too... :(

Cheers
Phil.
IanJeffray

Re: Wanted: Eagle M2 (or similar?) video capture Podule

Post by IanJeffray »

Snappity snap snap! I meant to bid on that, too! Someone got a bargain!

IIRC lots of things that worked with Eagle also worked with Hawk... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143363046972 ?
philpem

Post by philpem »

IanJeffray wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:00 pm
Snappity snap snap! I meant to bid on that, too! Someone got a bargain!

IIRC lots of things that worked with Eagle also worked with Hawk... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143363046972 ?
Sadly the Hawk is a bit big for a RISC PC :(
I could probably-maybe make it fit with a bit of case modding, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do that to a RISC PC.
richw

Post by richw »

Isn't the Irlam 24i16 supposed to be the best for Replay?

I used an EagleM2 and thought the capture quality was pretty poor. The Eidos Escape compression was interesting though.
philpem

Post by philpem »

richw wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:45 pm
Isn't the Irlam 24i16 supposed to be the best for Replay?

I used an EagleM2 and thought the capture quality was pretty poor. The Eidos Escape compression was interesting though.
I wouldn't know -- the only Irlam kit I've ever used was their SPro-iMAGE scanner driver, many years ago. I think I mentioned their cards in my original post, though I couldn't remember the name off-hand. As you say, it's the 24i16 and the Videodesk.

The EagleM2 is on my list solely because that's what would have originally come bundled with Eidoscope.
Its big brother Optima apparently came with an Irlam Videodesk (according to http://web.archive.org/web/199802110414 ... optima.htm ).

As for ESCAPE - yeah, it's an interesting beast. There are some gory details of its bitstream format on multimedia.cx (https://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php/ESCAPE) and it ended up being used on a few Eidos games. Their videophone demo was very interesting too, especially for the time period.

Cheers
Phil.

Return to “wanted”