Does anyone have this computer desk?

wanted ads for physical hardware, software + literature
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
blackwitch

Does anyone have this computer desk?

Post by blackwitch »

Does anyone have this exact computer desk they wouldn't mind letting go?

If so, please let me know.

Many thanks
richw

Re: Does anyone have this computer desk?

Post by richw »

Sadly I don't, but I just wanted to say thanks for the memory!

I had one of those which held up my beeb and commodore 64 for a number of years. That was a blast from the past.

You could show the pic to a local joiner,and I am sure they could make one.
Elminster

Post by Elminster »

We had one for 30 years but it went to the tip last year in a house clearance. Sorry.
blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

Damn... lol

If anyone still has one, please let me know.
blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

Still looking for this desk if anyone can help?

Please get in touch if you can help.

Thanks
e668ecp

Post by e668ecp »

Was that the OPUS desk?
blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

e668ecp wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:24 pm
Was that the OPUS desk?
Hi.

I don't know... possibly I guess.

Still looking.
e668ecp

Post by e668ecp »

Wish you'd replied sooner... my mate cut one up in December. Mentioned you were interested but I said i hadn't got a reply.
Elminster

Post by Elminster »

e668ecp wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:44 am
Wish you'd replied sooner... my mate cut one up in December. Mentioned you were interested but I said i hadn't got a reply.
Oh dear.

Reminds me, what is the importance of that particular desk? As I said had one some time ago as well but no more, and while it was okay, there are better desks about. So what it the nostalgia value? i.e. the looks, or do you particularly like those sorts of desks.

Would making one be an option? More effort than buying one, but might be a more feasible way to get something like it.
blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

e668ecp wrote:
Hiya.

Aw... that's a shame.

I never got a message from you, though.?
blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

Elminster wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:44 am
e668ecp wrote:
Oh dear.

Reminds me, what is the importance of that particular desk? As I said had one some time ago as well but no more, and while it was okay, there are better desks about. So what it the nostalgia value? i.e. the looks, or do you particularly like those sorts of desks.

Would making one be an option? More effort than buying one, but might be a more feasible way to get something like it.
Pure nostalgia. My brother had one. We are trying to get his full setup.
Elminster

Post by Elminster »

blackwitch wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:10 pm
Elminster wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:44 am
e668ecp wrote:
Oh dear.

Pure nostalgia. My brother had one. We are trying to get his full setup.
I think the hardest bit would be the front edge of the desk and actually getting the original dimensions. Although I had one, not sure I could guess the dimensions from memory. Maybe the original manual is online somewhere.
Chuckie

Post by Chuckie »

Look s like something that could be built.

Return to “wanted”