WANTED: Hegotron Grafpad II ROM

wanted ads for physical hardware, software + literature
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
blackwitch

WANTED: Hegotron Grafpad II ROM

Post by blackwitch »

Hi all.

Does anyone have a ROM for a Hegotron GRAFPAD II available?

If so please PM me.

Thanks
Jo
Pernod

Re: WANTED: Hegotron Grafpad II ROM

Post by Pernod »

I don't have the physical ROM(s), but the attached images may be useful.
Attachments
grafpad2.zip
(15.6 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

Hi.

Many thanks.

I don't have the means to burn it to a Rom though. Do you know if there anyone on here who could do that for me?

Just realised... this thread needs to be moved to wanted too... sorry again mods. :)
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

If you have the Grafpad I'd be interested in seeing photos and a scan of any manuals and overlays if possible?
- Nigel

BBC Model B: ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, BeebZIF, etc.
RobC

Post by RobC »

I have a Grafpad II and have an overlay although it was pretty crumpled when I got it so I'll have to dig it out and see what state it's in. I have various other overlays that I picked up with a bunch of stuff but think they may be for the concept keyboard. I'll double check.

I can also burn an EPROM for Jo :D
VectorEyes

Post by VectorEyes »

I have one, next time I’m in the vicinity of my collection I’ll dig it out and see what documentation came with it.

Is there a list of hardware / software that are considered important historically and haven’t been preserved? I know about the MIA games list but are there equivalent ones for hardware or non-games software?
Pernod

Post by Pernod »

VectorEyes wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:14 pm
Is there a list of hardware / software that are considered important historically and haven’t been preserved? I know about the MIA games list but are there equivalent ones for hardware or non-games software?
There's no list, but in general if you search the web or forum for an item and find very little info then consider it of interest. Searching for the Grafpad finds only the odd advert and a few lores photos so there's virtually no info about it out there. Even the ROMs I posted earlier are not easily found as they were hidden on a larger collection of floppy images.
I generally monitor the forum and Facebook group for signs of anything of interest to emulate, and ask for anything missing to be archived, with varied results.
Software for many hardware devices is missing, especially ROMs, as they get left in machines when sold then discarded by new owner as they didn't get the device. The vast majority of games are archived but software for hardware devices is often overlooked and lost, so if you have any hardware support discs/ROMs that can't easily be found then consider them wanted.

I'd eventually like to add the Grafpad to MAME so a scan of the manual may be useful as they usually contain some level of technical info. A scan of any overlays will be needed too. Also any software that anyone may have, including discs and ROMs in case of different versions. I posted two Grafpad ROMs earlier, are they both required, the manual will probably clarify this.
- Nigel

blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

Hi all.

Would anyone be able to burn me the grafpad 2 image to a Rom please?

It would be ideal if it was a vintage ROM too.
blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

Could anyone help?
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Topic moved to the wanted area.

Jo, I can burn EPROMs for you.

Mark
blackwitch

Post by blackwitch »

Hi all.

I'm still looking for a Grafpad Rom...

A couple of people have offered but since not replied.

Can anyone burn one for me please?

Please message me if you can help.
Thanks
marklinman

Post by marklinman »

one Grafpad II ROM sir

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/303855685506

tested and working

i'm afraid i'm in Australia - but the postage includes any number of ROMs - so if you want more just ask

cheers

Andy
Attachments
grafpad2.jpg
marklinman

Post by marklinman »

oh and i'm keen to locate a copy of the manual or a scan of it and also an image of the utils disk for the Grafpad II - anyone got those for me?

Return to “wanted”