WANTED : Electron Plus 1 : NO LONGER REQUIRED !

wanted ads for physical hardware, software + literature
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
BeebMan2018

WANTED : Electron Plus 1 : NO LONGER REQUIRED !

Post by BeebMan2018 »

Hey guys i'm looking at getting an electron plus 1. I think it could be a useful upgrade but hear they can be a bit finicky and loose power so i'm not trilled about paying a whole lot of cash i cant afford but if you want to help and have a spare +1 knocking about that you need to shift i might be able to give it a new home.
Last edited by BeebMan2018 on Fri May 17, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveejhitchins

Re: WANTED : Electron Plus 1

Post by daveejhitchins »

PM Sent . . .

You have the wrong information about the Plus 1 - They tend to be VERY reliable :D Unless, of course the cartridge connectors have been abused - but even those can be replaced.

Dave H :D
Elminster

Post by Elminster »

Losing Power? Confusing the +1 and the +3 maybe?
Last edited by Elminster on Tue May 14, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeebMan2018

Post by BeebMan2018 »

Ahh OK Thanks for the correction. Any idea on what i should expect to pay ? I know value is what its perceived to be but a ballpark average of a Plus 1's value would be useful.
rmbrowngr

Post by rmbrowngr »

BeebMan2018 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 11:20 am
Ahh OK Thanks for the correction. Any idea on what i should expect to pay ? I know value is what its perceived to be but a ballpark average of a Plus 1's value would be useful.
I bought my current Plus 1 through eBay for £20. I was the only bidder luckily.

BTW, If you acquire a Plus 1 from Dave it’s worth considering upgrading it with an AP6. Dave can help you with this. Link to the old AP6 http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/mags/eu/ ... r-ap6.html
Last edited by rmbrowngr on Tue May 14, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard B
Acorn Electrons issue 4 and 6, MRB, Plus 1, AP6, AP5, Pegasus 400, BeebSCSI, Gotek, Raspberry Pi, GoSDC MBE.
BBC B+ 64K (128K upgraded) with Duel OS, Raspberry Pi and Gotek.

Return to “wanted”