C64 copy of Wateland on floppy disc

wanted ads for hardware, software + literature (NOT for tape/disc image requests)
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
Lardo Boffin

C64 copy of Wateland on floppy disc

Post by Lardo Boffin » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi all

A while back I got a C64 (for my wife as she had one when younger :D ) and one of the recommend games for it was Wasteland - a sandbox rpg which apparently inspired the Fallout series.
I have downloaded a copy of this to my SD2IEC but unfortunately it doesn’t work. Something to do with how it loads and the firmware.
I have just bought a 1541 disc drive off the ‘Bay (fingers crossed that it works) but was wondering if someone could help me out a little?
My C64c with the SD2IEC is in storage and will be for a while so I have no way of transferring games from the Web to my disc drive. If anyone could be kind enough to download a copy of Wasteland and put it on a couple of floppies I would be very grateful and obviously cover the costs of the discs, p&p and your time!
Any help appreciated - I would buy an original copy of the game but they are rare and very expensive - the only one I have seen over here went on for £120 and sold very quickly. :shock:
Thanks!
Lardo
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Viglen twin 40/80 5.25" discs, Acorn 6502 coproc
BBC model B 32k issue 7, turboMMC, Opus Challenger 3 512k, Pi 3 coproc
BBC Master, Datacentre + HDD, pi co-proc

Lardo Boffin

Re: C64 copy of Wateland on floppy disc

Post by Lardo Boffin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:47 am

My disc drive has just arrived - it is huge! Will find out if it is working tonight.

Any help with the discs above appreciated! [-o<
BBC model B 32k issue 4, 16k sideways RAM, Watford 12 ROM board, Viglen twin 40/80 5.25" discs, Acorn 6502 coproc

topcat96

Post by topcat96 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Here you go fella ... Wasteland that should be SD2IEC compatible plus a copy of the original floppies.

Easy peasy way to copy from SD2IEC back to floppy is shown here: http://technocoma.blogspot.com/p/sd2iec ... 41-on.html

Can't help more than that as I don't have access to a floppy drive for my C64.
Attachments
wasteland.rar
(756.61 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Many thanks!

Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:30 pm

I have a working disc drive!

And a spare, working, boxed (kind of) C64C now as well. And a boxed datasette (not yet tested) and boxed working Quickshot pro (micro switch) joystick. And a box of discs as well. Nice little haul.
63BF3C4F-0C56-4FD1-B857-CD0DCE62016A.jpeg

Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:28 pm

topcat96 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:35 pm
Here you go fella ... Wasteland that should be SD2IEC compatible plus a copy of the original floppies.

Easy peasy way to copy from SD2IEC back to floppy is shown here: http://technocoma.blogspot.com/p/sd2iec ... 41-on.html

Can't help more than that as I don't have access to a floppy drive for my C64.
Finally (!!!) had chance to look at these... Unfortunately I can't see anything in the images - when I open image 1 all I see is PRODOS 2.0.

The other images appear blank (copy protection?). The game doesn't boot from PRODOS. :(

Thanks for trying though! I will persevere with copying from electronic to physical media and see how that goes.