Music 5000,4000,2000

wanted ads for hardware, software + literature (NOT for tape/disc image requests)
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
pixelblip

Music 5000,4000,2000

Post by pixelblip » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi there
Just putting some feelers out there first to see if anyone has these they don't use. It's not just for nostalgia or money making, more that I would use them again to make new music. Coeus has done a really good job getting b-em working with Music 5000 (amazing) but to be honest it needs hardware as the latency is a little large to do proper music you can play in.

I regret chucking mine out in the rubbish in 1991........they probably ended up back in the system. I really regret now!

I saw last April a Music 4000 went for £80..............on Ebay. I'm a bit gutted I didn't decide there and then.

Anyway I am just putting a feeler out there as I must admit part of me wants my old setup with a beeb again (and maybe a microvitec monitor this time around!).
So I will keep my eyes posted and see if you lot have anything gathering dust.

hoglet

Re: Music 5000,4000,2000

Post by hoglet » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:59 pm

If you are up for a project, there is an FPGA re-implementation of the Music 5000 that is pretty close to original hardware:
http://www.stardot.org.uk/forums/viewto ... =16&t=8901

Dave

pixelblip

Post by pixelblip » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Thanks Dave.
I think it's a little beyond my skill I'm afraid. But thank you anyhow for trying to help.

pixelblip

Post by pixelblip » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:29 am

I might buy a whole setup if someone has one.............like a master and the hybrid stuff........anyway I am in no rush so if it comes my way so be it.