BBC B Keyboard

wanted ads for physical hardware, software + literature
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
gavinlew

BBC B Keyboard

Post by gavinlew »

Hi

After a BBC B keyboard if someone’s stripping a machine , got one here with a damaged space bar needing to replace.

Many thanks
marcusjambler

Re: BBC B Keyboard

Post by marcusjambler »

damaged space bar needing to replace
Have you tried Mark @ Retroclinic... He usually stocks all the parts.
gavinlew

Post by gavinlew »

Thanks Marcus, I didnt even think of asking Mark - Ill drop him a message , maybe easier/cheaper just to repair that one key , it doesnt fully spring back up when depressed.
tricky

Post by tricky »

Maybe some contact cleaner might work, there are several threads about fixing various issues with keys.
gavinlew

Post by gavinlew »

Thanks @tricky , Contact cleaner has worked previously , and should do on this board, but the Space key itself looks damaged as it requires to be pressed from underneath to come back up after being depressed.
marcelaj1

Post by marcelaj1 »

A master 128 I got did the same thing - there is a metal stabliser "rod" under the metal mounting plate which is attached with 2 plastic bits at the ends of the space bar, mine were missing so the bar kept jamming. Mark has a stock of them and when I replaced them the key functioned properly.
Also the bar is "handed" and if its fitted the wrong way round it will jam.

Return to “wanted”