Electron Keyboard Cable

wanted ads for physical hardware, software + literature
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
tomlinson

Electron Keyboard Cable

Post by tomlinson » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have a spare Electron keyboard ribbon cable with connector? If so please let me know.

Else, can those blue connectors be purchased anywhere?

Thanks,
Ian
"Electron User"

aerworuld

Re: Electron Keyboard Cable

Post by aerworuld » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:09 pm

Hi Ian,

I have a spare donor keyboard in my spare parts stash the loft; let me have a look for it tomorrow. It's yours for the price of postage ;)

Stuart

tomlinson

Post by tomlinson » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:39 am

Hi Stuart,

That would be fantastic. Of course I’m more than happy to cover all time and expenses involved.

Have you managed to fix your Elk?.. Are there any parts you need?
"Electron User"

aerworuld

Post by aerworuld » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:50 pm

tomlinson wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:39 am
Hi Stuart,

That would be fantastic. Of course I’m more than happy to cover all time and expenses involved.

Have you managed to fix your Elk?.. Are there any parts you need?
Honestly, just cover the postage and I'm happy. Us Acorn nuts have to look out for each other :) I found the keyboard, looks like there has been some harvesting for a few keys which are missing but the ribbon cable looks good. I don't want to attempt to remove the cable in case I damage it, so I am happy to pass on the whole thing to you ;)

If you DM me your address I will get it into the post tomorrow and let you know how much it was after I've sent it.

Thank you for asking about the elk - she's in the great care of Dave H at the moment so will live again!

richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:49 am

aerworuld wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:50 pm
Thank you for asking about the elk - she's in the great care of Dave H at the moment so will live again!
I was going to ask in the other thread about your Electron but sounds like I'm not the only one wondering how the patient is! :D

aerworuld

Post by aerworuld » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:28 am

richardtoohey wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:49 am
aerworuld wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:50 pm
I was going to ask in the other thread about your Electron but sounds like I'm not the only one wondering how the patient is! :D
Coming back stronger than ever!

Return to “wanted”