Level 9 games

wanted ads for hardware, software + literature (NOT for tape/disc image requests)
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of.
daniel_gsp

Level 9 games

Post by daniel_gsp » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Hello everyone, I'd be interested in getting the following games on my Level 9 collection, so any help would be very much appreciated!

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13¾ (for Mosaic Publishing, 1985)
The Adrian Mole Secret Diary Kit
The Price of Magik (1986)
Jewels of Darkness trilogy (1986)
Silicon Dreams trilogy (for Rainbird, 1986)
Knight Orc (for Rainbird Software, 1987)
The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole (1987)
Gnome Ranger (1987)
Time and Magik trilogy (1988)
Ingrid's Back: Gnome Ranger 2 (1988)
Scapeghost (1989)

Now found:
The Worm in Paradise (1985)
The Archers (for Mosaic, 1985)
The Saga of Erik the Viking (1985)
Lancelot (1988)

I have no preference between disc or cassete, although disc are much cooler :lol:
Cheers
Last edited by daniel_gsp on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daniel_gsp

Re: Level 9 games

Post by daniel_gsp » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:20 am

Hey,

Actually, I should have stated I'm not looking for downloadable ROMs, hehe, those are available on all platforms and are easy to track down, I'm collecting physical releases only :wink:

tricky

Post by tricky » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:13 pm

I see, sorry, I should have realised as you did say "collection".
I'll have a look, I have quite a bit of beeb SW and a bit of Electron.

daniel_gsp

Post by daniel_gsp » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Also, I only listed BBC games because of the nature of this forum, but in fact am collecting Level 9 on more platforms so if you do have some for sale, do let me know.

As I'm a new member I still don't have the power to compose or even reply to private messages, so if you do contact me, please leave an alternative contact info :)

Thanks!

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:06 pm

PM's now enabled :) ;)
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk

daniel_gsp

Post by daniel_gsp » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Still looking :)

fuzzel

Post by fuzzel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 am

Hi daniel_gsp, did you manage to add any more Level 9 games to your collection ?
I'm playing the enhanced version of Lords of Time from the Time and Magik trilogy at the moment and wondered if the Silicon Dreams trilogy was also released for the BBC (having searched through this forum I believe that Jewels of Darkness was never released for Acorn computers) ?

daniel_gsp

Post by daniel_gsp » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 am

Hi,

Did manage to find The Archers and a few others, have now updated the main post.

Just so sad to have missed Ingrid's Back a few months ago on ebay :(
Last edited by daniel_gsp on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fuzzel

Post by fuzzel » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:21 pm

Hi Daniel, I like your idea of collecting the Level 9 games, personally I'd prefer to get my hands on the BBC micro versions.
Their earlier games I managed to blag from friends or my local computer club (they were so popular then everyone had them); later on when others lost interest I ended up having to buy Emerald Isle, Erik the Viking (Mosaic) and Lords of Time myself by mail order but after Price of Magik I started to lose interest, mainly because they started to involve computer generated characters in their puzzles which was a bit of a turn off for me. In fact, when I rediscovered the beeb through emulation nearly twenty years ago I realised they'd released a game, Scapeghost, that I'd never even heard of (I've still never played it through beyond the first level). Coincidentally I'm currently playing Emerald Isle, their only game in a contemporary setting, but on the C64 as it has pictures on the screen above the text and the text is also far more verbose than the beeb version (which in its brevity is more Scott Adams than Level 9 in my book).
Can I ask which of your games came with posters (I'd love the Lords of Time one) and which had loading tunes (my favourite was Vivaldi's Winter used in Snowball) ?

daniel_gsp

Post by daniel_gsp » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi,

I posted mine in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14382&hilit=level+9+posters

As for the Level 9 games, I actually collect them in all platforms but of course I can relate with someone rather playing with graphics than just text alone :)
I only own a full set on the ZX Spectrum, hoping to be able to have completion in the BBC as well :D

fuzzel

Post by fuzzel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Thanks Daniel, regarding the posters my memory is obviously more like a 16k model A than your 32k model B.
Btw, what's the Scapeghost poster like ? I imagine that game is quite rare being a very late vintage.

daniel_gsp

Post by daniel_gsp » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:44 pm

Well, the BBC version is not the most common one, but I wouldn't call it super rare, I have it on 5-6 different platforms if I remember correctly :)

My favourite BBC one in my collection is The Archers still sealed, but that will change when I grab Ingrid's Back :P

Edit: The poster have the instructions on the back, it's the main character on a graveyard. I'll try and post a picture of it tomorrow.
Last edited by daniel_gsp on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr-macrisc

Post by mr-macrisc » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Not on your list but two level 9 games. lords of time (1st edition) and colossal adventure are for sale on acorn bbc micro enthusiast wanted and for sale group at moment.

Just thought worth a heads up

daniel_gsp

Post by daniel_gsp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:35 pm

If that's a FB group, those are actually mine :)

Come to think of if, I'd probably better make them available here at a more friendly price :idea: