Assorted hardware, incl. A4 with rare Zircom

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
terjeio

Assorted hardware, incl. A4 with rare Zircom

Post by terjeio » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi all,

Following my "restoration and archiving project" I have decided to get rid of some of my invetory. I am open to sensible offers, buyer pays postage - I am located in Norway so take that into account. Not all items are tested but I will try to test relevant items if there is any interest. I have some computers surplus to requirement, but I think they may be too expensive to ship overseas.

Terje

A4 Portable:

01-AKB64-1012149, 512 MB CF-card for HD, Xircom parallell port 10base-2 ethernet "dongle" (EtherP, DCI2) -
power lead for this is missing (break out from mouse connector if I remember correctly).
LCD panel has some failed pixels in a cluster, som "fading" on right hand side.
Refurbished PSU after failure (most caps new), batteries needs replacing.
Includes original shoulder bag, Welcome Guide, Portable Guide, mouse and HD content on CD. Internal battery is replaced with a rechargeable AA in a battery holder attached with double sided tabe to a chip inside. I still have the original HD but this was failing, it contains private data so I am not sure I will part with it.

I may sell this on eBay, I believe the Xircom adaptor is rare so may well fetch a good price there.

BEEB stuff:

Electron, 06-ALA01-0033731, incl Plus 1 i/f, User Guides and Introductory Casette, no PSU.

8271 Controller kit, less one 74LS393 chip - have to check the rest.

Technomatic plinth, 2 x 5.25 floppies, Adaptec controller, 1Mhz i/f,
I will keep the plinth but the controller and 1MHz interface is up for grabs.

Technomatic EpromRyter EPROM-burner for 1MHz bus

Acorn Level 3 File Server RTC

Econet clock box, homemade PSU

2x Econet wall boxes, seems unused, I believe I have a few more floating around somewhere

2x Master Econet cards incl. ANFS ROM (+ a few more mounted in computers)

4x Master ROM Cartridges

Archimedes:

Arthur 1.1 ROM set

4x Risc OS ROM sets 0283,02x-01 - 1 Fujitsu, 3 Toshiba (RISC OS 2?)

RISC OS 3 set 0296,04x-01

2x Aleph One 25 MHZ Arm CPUs for Archimedes

Atomwide 10-base2 Ethernet III podule

Atomwide prototyping podule, unused

2x Computer Concepts ROM/RAM podule

RISC OS 3.1 Rom set on carrier board (some pins sligthly bent)

2x IFEL backplanes, mb connector in "south" position

Intelligent Interfaces IEEE488 podule, ISS. 2

Computer Concepts Laser Direct i/f podule, printer (bulky)

RiscIx documentation set, 4 manuals + some disks disks and cpio dump of disk image on tape.

RISC PC:

5x86C processor 80-ACA57-1300523

486 DX4 100MHz processor 84-ACA56-1001660

2x 4-slot backplanes for RISC PC

Other:

CED 1401 datalogger incl. 1MHz adapter & software

davidb

Re: Assorted hardware, incl. A4 with rare Zircom

Post by davidb » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:33 pm

It looks like I missed quite a few messages over the new year break. There are certainly quite a few items here that I thought people were looking for. I seem to remember discussions about Econet clock boxes and EPROM burners.

The RISC iX stuff might be interesting to someone if they can restore a broken system from it. Sadly, I missed out on buying a broken RISC iX machine in the 1990s, so it's no use to me. :)

AndyMc1280

Post by AndyMc1280 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Speaking of the RiscIX stuff....

I have a working 16MB R260 sat in front of me. It still has the original Acorn SCSI card and I'd need to get a hard disk for it as the original is a bit old, but I'd be interested in the manuals and disks, as the original 100MB SCSI drive had lost its RiscIX partition before it came to me.. the machine is now on an IDE SD card.

Declaring interest, what are you looking for for these, do you have a price in mind ?

terjeio

Post by terjeio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 pm

AndyMc1280 wrote: ... Declaring interest, what are you looking for for these, do you have a price in mind ?
I have no idea what the price should be, bear in mind I do not think what I have is good for reinstalling - I think have read somewhere that getting a RiscIx system up from scratch requires some special software to partition, format and initialise the SCSI drive.

I have a Sony QD6150 150 MB tape that contains a cpio-dump of the original SCSI disc, I will add this and what I believe is a copy of the cpio file and the /dev directory on a CD. The floppy discs are extras, 12 in total, containing Risc iX V1.13 stuff such as "Program development", "Fortran 77" and "Games". Also, I've got a copy of the Archimedes RiscIX boot application somewhere, I will put that on the CD as well.

So, make me an offer that you think is reasonable for you - remember I will add postage at cost.

terjeio

Post by terjeio » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 pm

Looks like I have the scripts and programs needed to reinstall the RISC iX system, they comes with instructions from MICROCARE SOFTWARE HELPDESK, dated August 1, 1990. However, I cannot guarantee that I have everything needed - and I certainly cannot offer any help about how to install.

AndyMc1280

Post by AndyMc1280 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:35 pm

PM Sent.

terjeio

Post by terjeio » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:15 pm

AndyMc1280 wrote:PM Sent.
As a newbie I am not allowed to send or reply to PMs. Request for access has been asked for but not yet granted AFAIK.

dangardner

Post by dangardner » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:59 pm

terjeio wrote:As a newbie I am not allowed to send or reply to PMs. Request for access has been asked for but not yet granted AFAIK.
PM also sent, with email details.

aerworuld

Post by aerworuld » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:51 am

Hi Terje, is any of the Electron hardware still available? I just noticed the 1 mhz bus interface....

Stuart :)

davidb

Post by davidb » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Did anything ever come of this? In particular, did the RiscIX stuff change hands?

dangardner

Post by dangardner » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:51 pm

davidb wrote:Did anything ever come of this? In particular, did the RiscIX stuff change hands?
I wish it had, I heard nothing more. I would love to get a RiscIX system up and running.

piemmm

Post by piemmm » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 am

I have the xircom adapter on my A4 - do you have the drivers for it as I'm missing them :-/

davidb

Post by davidb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:06 pm

Did you obtain the adapter from this seller?

denni505

Post by denni505 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:59 pm

Technomatic EpromRyter EPROM-burner for 1MHz bus will have it depending on price and availability

davidb

Post by davidb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:19 pm

Nudging this thread back into action after a few months! :D

I've just been speaking with Terje on the phone about these items. It would be extremely useful if those of you with an interest in anything on the list can speak up again. I don't know if any of you have managed to satisfy your cravings for Econet cards or RISC iX kit in the meantime but now would be the time to express interest. Not in the Electron, though, because that's no longer on the table.

If it helps, I can arrange to pick up more delicate items from Terje. (I'm thinking of things like backup tapes.) My thoughts about things like RISC iX hardware and software is that I'll try and get them to the UK so that archiving can occur along similar lines to the last effort.

Thanks to Terje for taking my call and listening to me waffling on about stuff. OK, the rest of you can jump in now. :)

RobC

Post by RobC » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:02 pm

I'd be interested in a 25MHz ARM3 card, a ROM/RAM podule and the prototyping podule if they haven't already been spoken for...

steve3000

Post by steve3000 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:25 pm

I'd certainly be interested in the ArthurOS roms, if still available. :)

Cheers,
Steve

RobC

Post by RobC » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:01 am

Many thanks to Terje for the ARM3 cards and the podules.