Econet Level 3 fileserver real time clock and more

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
aferenbach

Econet Level 3 fileserver real time clock and more

Post by aferenbach »

Hi All

Just managed to lay hands on a BBC Econet LEvel 3 Realtime Clock module. As far as I know it has been well stored and cared for though I have no means of testing it.

I am open to reasonable offers.

Also pictured is a regular twin ROM cartridge compatible with Master and Electron cartridge sockets. Also well stored and possibly in need of a clean but as I don't have a working master I can't test it.

Similarly would love offers

I figured to offer here where the conniseurs are rather than throwing it open to eBay.

Thanks for Looking

Andrew

Email me at AFerenbach@hotmail.com or PM me
Attachments
things.jpg
things.jpg (14.62 KiB) Viewed 1316 times
gazstone

Re: Econet Level 3 fileserver real time clock and more

Post by gazstone »

I would be interested in the twin ROM cartridge.

I'll pm you,

Gareth
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hi

I'm interested in the BBC Econet Level 3 Realtime Clock module.

I've sent you a PM and an eMail :D

Mark K.
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

1024MAK wrote:I'm interested in the BBC Econet Level 3 Realtime Clock module.
If it is dismantlable without damagin it, high-res photos of the top and bottom of the PCB would be nicely useful.

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.32
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2020
>_
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

jgharston wrote:
1024MAK wrote:I'm interested in the BBC Econet Level 3 Realtime Clock module.
If it is dismantlable without damagin it, high-res photos of the top and bottom of the PCB would be nicely useful.
Alas, it did not disappear in my direction :(
It would be nice to see good quality, detailed high resolution pictures of it :D
Would whoever it went to like to try? :?:
BeebMaster

Post by BeebMaster »

I don't think the PCB can be got at - it's all sealed up in that resin type stuff.

(I didn't get this item by the way, but I do already have one.)

I've never fathomed yet what the RTC does, if anything, or how the time can be read or programmed. When I've tried it on a BBC B, it doesn't seem to respond to OSWORD &14/&15 which is the Master series set of calls - that's probably not surprising though, as I don't think there's the capacity for a device attached to the user port to service OSWORD calls.

The only way to read/write the RTC appears to be whilst the L3 server is running, but since you have to enter the time at start-up anyway I'm not convinced that the RTC is anything other than a security measure.
station240

Post by station240 »

I'm the one that won the Level3 RTC, about the only thing I've won this past 2 weeks. :(

BeebEm has some code in the source to emulate the RTC, I'm going to see if I can use that and the real thing to figure out how it works. As for the epoxy, seems paint stripper will disolve that, but I'll see if I need to go that far.
jgharston

Post by jgharston »

BeebMaster wrote:When I've tried it on a BBC B, it doesn't seem to respond to OSWORD 14/15 which is the Master series set of calls
Unsurprising as it's a piece of hardware, not software/firmware. I expect that the Level 3 file server specifically accessed the user port to talk to it. It would be possible to write an OSWORD 14/15 driver to access it once it's worked out how to talk to it, just like SoftRTC that comes with HADFS.

Code: Select all

$ bbcbasic
PDP11 BBC BASIC IV Version 0.32
(C) Copyright J.G.Harston 1989,2005-2020
>_

Return to “for sale / freebies”