For sale - A2 Posters: Elite, Zarch, Ravenskull, Codename Droid, Crazee Rider, Palace of Magic, Repton

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
Arcadian
Site Admin

For sale - A2 Posters: Elite, Zarch, Ravenskull, Codename Droid, Crazee Rider, Palace of Magic, Repton

Post by Arcadian » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:02 pm

I've finally got round to producing another short run of the "Impact" series of posters, which I've been promising to do for several years now!

They are A2 in size and based on hi-res 1:1 scans I made of the original posters over ten years ago. They have been 'reframed' to remove the white text block that was originally at the bottom (so the artwork spans the whole poster, which I think looks a lot better).

All1.jpg

They are printed on 250gsm satin paper, making them thicker and glossier than the originals hence they look and feel far superior. And of course, as they were only printed three days ago they are all in perfect, immaculate condition as you would expect.

Full list of available posters:
  • Elite (portrait)
  • Repton: Around the World (portrait)
  • Zarch (landscape) Last Few Available!
  • Ravenskull (landscape)
  • Codename: Droid (landscape)
  • Crazee Rider (landscape)
  • Palace of Magic (landscape)
Price is £10 per poster or £50 for all 7 posters (that's still £1 cheaper than a single Palace of Magic poster sold for on eBay yesterday ... whilst the Ravenskull one went for £89! :shock: ).

Postage is £5.00 per order (UK), £10.00 (Europe) or £15.00 (US/Australia/Rest of World). Posters will be shipped rolled in a poster tube.

If you are ordering other posters from myself (e.g. the Ultimate posters or the BBC Micro poster) you can have them all shipped together to save any additional shipping costs.

Payment by Paypal (Friends and Family payments please, or cover Paypal's fees of 3.4% + 20p per transaction).

If you're attending January's ABug in Camberley I can bring them along with me (in which case you'd obviously deduct the shipping fee from your Paypal payment).

To order, please place a reservation in this thread and then PM me for payment info.

£2.50 from every poster sale (or £12.50 from an order for a full set) made via this forum will be put towards StarDot's Software Preservation fund, which is currently managed by CMcDougall.

(The fund is apparently down to just a tenner at the time of writing according to Col :( ). Update 2-December: The preservation pot has now been increased by £140 thanks to the poster 'commissions' - so thanks to everyone that's ordered! =D>

Code: Select all

Orders to fulfil

- Xavier Tardy (paid) 7 posters | To collect at ABug January
- danielj (paid) 1 poster | DM to hand-deliver
- MattyJ (paid) 2 posters | To collect at ABug January
Elite.jpg
REP.jpg
Zarch.jpg
RAV.jpg
CD.jpg
CR.jpg
POM.jpg
All2.jpg
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk

billcarr2005

Re: A2 Posters: Elite, Zarch, Ravenskull, Codename Droid, Crazee Rider, Palace of Magic, Repton

Post by billcarr2005 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:59 pm

I'll happily have one of each please!

PAID!
Last edited by billcarr2005 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Footitt

Re: A2 Posters: Elite, Zarch, Ravenskull, Codename Droid, Crazee Rider, Palace of Magic, Repton

Post by Dave Footitt » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:06 pm

Great stuff Dave, put me down for a Crazee Rider and Zarch please

Just sent dosh via paypal :D

marcusjambler

Post by marcusjambler » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:06 pm

One of each please Dave :D

Money sent...

dangardner

Post by dangardner » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Zarch and Elite for me please. Sending money now.

sydney

Post by sydney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:08 pm

I'll have an elite please Dave, I'll pay in the morning - too tired atm!

danielj

Post by danielj » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:13 pm

Elite for me please! Can I pick it up at abug?

trixster

Post by trixster » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:34 am

Yes please for a zarch one! Payment sent

daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:54 am

A complete set for Xavier, please. Collection at ABUG.

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ARA III, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

MarkMoxon

Post by MarkMoxon » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:30 am

An Elite one for me, please Dave! Off to make the payment right now. (We did briefly talk about an A3 version of in another thread, but that A2 one looks too amazing to pass up!)

Maybe you could pop the other A3 Elite posters in the same tube when they're ready, to save a bit of postage? Just a thought.

Mark

sydney

Post by sydney » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:45 am

Payment sent, cheers.

JonC

Post by JonC » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Can I have a full set please Dave?

Money sent!
Jon

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Thanks everyone for the orders so far, that should be around £90 in the coffers for the Preservation fund to-date.

Just waiting on some poster tubes to arrive, then I'll get the orders that are to be posted packed up over the weekend so they can be sent out early next week.

Note I'm a bit behind on replies to emails and pms at the moment but will have caught up by tomorrow!

Anyone more for any more? I'll probably advertise them on the Acorn Facebook group this evening then list the remainder on ebay over the weekend...

SpaceFlightOrange

Post by SpaceFlightOrange » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi.

I'd Like an Elite and a Zarch one if they are still available please (Looks like they are)?

Let me know and I'll send payment over

Thanks
James

BBC Model A Issue 3 (Upgraded to Model B, had it since I was a kid), Opus Dual 40/80 FDD, Watford Mouse, Voltmace delta 14/B, Gotek, IFEL ROMRAM-B4, Pi-Zero CoPro

Master 128, VideoNuLA, Gotek

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:12 am

Hi James, yes there are still plenty left - however I'm just waiting on Zarch to be reprinted, as there was a printing error on the first batch which I, erm, didn't notice when taking the photos! :oops: (see the discoloured pink blocks at the bottom of the Zarch photo).

Anyway the reprints are due to be delivered today and though I'm away until tomorrow, I should be able to get the backlog of orders sent out by the end of the week together with the ones you want.

Apols to everybody else that's still waiting, I can't believe I missed the error!!

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:09 pm

The corrected run of Zarch posters have just arrived and they're looking gooooood! :)

Zarch.jpg

I can finally start packaging the ones to be posted now ... may be able to get them in the post tomorrow, failing that it'll be Friday for definite...

SpaceFlightOrange

Post by SpaceFlightOrange » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:56 pm

Thanks Dave, they look fantastic!

Payment sent.
James

BBC Model A Issue 3 (Upgraded to Model B, had it since I was a kid), Opus Dual 40/80 FDD, Watford Mouse, Voltmace delta 14/B, Gotek, IFEL ROMRAM-B4, Pi-Zero CoPro

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:29 pm

billcarr2005 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:59 pm
PAID!
marcusjambler wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:06 pm
Money sent...
trixster wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:34 am
Yes please for a zarch one! Payment sent
JonC wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:45 pm
Money sent!
SpaceFlightOrange wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:56 pm
Payment sent.
Hi, everything's packed and ready to go except I'm missing postal addresses for the above people (PayPal doesn't automatically provide the buyer's address when sending gift payments). Can you pm me your addresses asap? Ta!

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:24 pm

All posters sent Saturday/Today with the exception of SpaceFlightOrange's (still waiting for your address...)

Thanks for everybody's orders, would love to see some photos of them on display in your offices/mancaves! ;)

daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:46 am

Arcadian wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:24 pm
Thanks for everybody's orders, would love to see some photos of them on display in your offices/mancaves! ;)
My workshop walls are full of cupboards - but I have space on my ceiling 8)

Dave H :D
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ARA III, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

billcarr2005

Post by billcarr2005 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Arcadian wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:24 pm
All posters sent Saturday/Today with the exception of SpaceFlightOrange's (still waiting for your address...)

Received today (I presume - didn't open the tube). All my wall space is filled with shelves with disks on them, so perhaps they won't get displayed yet :D

JonC

Post by JonC » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Same here, I need to make some space!
Jon

sydney

Post by sydney » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Collected mine from the delivery office today. I won't be seeing until Christmas day though as it's a gift to me from the kids so I'm practicing my 'surprised' facial expression for when I open it!

dom

Post by dom » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:50 pm

I'd very much like an Elite one, I'll PM you details. Thanks!

SpaceFlightOrange

Post by SpaceFlightOrange » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:01 pm

A Tube arrived this afternoon!! :D

However, I'm on the late shift and won't be home until midnight :(

Cant wait to see them!! Thanks!!
James

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:40 pm

dom wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:50 pm
I'd very much like an Elite one, I'll PM you details. Thanks!
Sorry Dom, realised you wouldn't have had PM permissions so I've fully activated your account and PM'd you details.
marcusjambler wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:02 pm
Arrived safe and sound :D
SpaceFlightOrange wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:01 pm
A Tube arrived this afternoon!! :D
Yay ... still waiting for the first person to accept the challenge of sharing a photo of the poster(s) proudly on display, hint hint! ;)

marcusjambler

Post by marcusjambler » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:01 pm

still waiting for the first person to accept the challenge of sharing a photo of the poster(s) proudly on display, hint hint! ;)
Vying for wall real-estate could get micro political :D

kswinton69

Post by kswinton69 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:50 am

Hi - completely new to the stardot forum, hopefully I'll get this right! Could I please place an order for the full £50 set - I'll now see if I can work out how to PM you on this thing so as to arrange payment etc.

Update 8.52am: Drat - I don't appear to be able to use the PM facilities yet? ("We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more in discussions to be able to use this feature.") - Arcadian could you possibly let me know how best to contact you to arrange payment when you've got a moment please? Would be grateful! regards K

Return to “for sale / freebies”