Sold: Acorn BBC Micro model B with 1770

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
cmorley

Sold: Acorn BBC Micro model B with 1770

Post by cmorley » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Hello All,

I am trying to do a bit of decluttering so I have this Issue 4 Model B for sale. The case is OK but the black plastic is broken. There is a chip at the back of the lid too. The machine works but needs some TLC from the new owner.

The D key is a bit dodgy - I squirted it with contact cleaner and it works again now but it probably needs a propper clean.

The audio is quite noisy on this one so recap if you care about that. Otherwise working fine.

It is fitted with a 1770 upgrade. Recapped in 2017 by me with Kemet caps (no paper RIFA rubbish in my machines [-X ).

Machine £100 (ex fees). Will be decently packed - UK P&P £10 (via UPS) or collection from Oxford/next ABUG is OK.

I can throw in a user guide and a Welcome tape too if wanted. Can combine P&P if you buy the disc drive too :)

Chris

Photo0620.jpg
Photo0621.jpg
Photo0619.jpg
Photo0618.jpg
Last edited by cmorley on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Viper21

Re: For Sale: Acorn BBC Micro model B with 1770

Post by Viper21 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:54 pm

How Much? Do you accept returns? is it NTSC compatible?
C64: HULK SMASH!!!
PET:HULK SMASH...AGAIN!
Plus 4: HULK IS GETTING TIRED!
SX-64: MY ARMS HURT!
C128: (as Banner) no...strength...left (collapses)
BBC Micro: "I like it" :D

cmorley

Post by cmorley » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:46 am

Viper21 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:54 pm
How Much? Do you accept returns? is it NTSC compatible?
OP (original post). No. No it is PAL.

If you want a warranty then speak to Mark at Retroclinic. He does high quality refurbs. This machine is as is.

cmorley

Post by cmorley » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:17 pm

Since this didn't sell on eBay I fixed it up a bit:

I cleaned the keyboard and washed all the keycaps. All the keys work fine now.

I fitted it with one of Tricky's SD card readers. I also fitted one of my 32KB sideways RAM modules and a 64KB EEPROM module preloaded with MMFS and SmartSPI.

You can have it in a box with polys if you want.

£140 (ex fees) + £10 UK P&P (UPS courier). I will ship internationally at cost.

Nice machine electrically with some cosmetic damage to the lid unfortunately.
Photo0815.jpg
Photo0803.jpg

waltermixxx

Post by waltermixxx » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:26 am

I would be interested in the unit, would you ship to Canada? Please let me know. PM to come with my address.

waltermixxx

Post by waltermixxx » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:35 am

Would it also be possible to post some closeups if the damage to the case and keyboard area?
Pretty sure I can 3D print a black plug to fill that hole by the keyboard. I would like the box and polly’s As they will be great for shipping. Cheers!

Boydie

Post by Boydie » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:36 pm

The original Acorn speech upgrade came with a black plastic plate that clipped over the hole left when you removed the cutout for the cartridge slot, so the slot was covered when not in use (which was all the time, given that Acorn never made any cartridges).
May be a nice thing to reproduce so it looks official.

Can provide measurements and photos if required.

cmorley

Post by cmorley » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:21 pm

Sold to waltermixxx :)

Return to “for sale / freebies”