I've had a few requests from various sources for a second batch of IntegraB boards, so I ordered up another small quantity of PCBs and built these up over the last few weeks. The routing errors that were in my first batch have been fixed on these boards. I'm primarily selling these new boards via eBay, but if anyone on here is interested, I will be able to sell at a discount (£72.50 inc. UK delivery instead of £82.50). As a reminder, the board consists of the following:
- 8 x Expansion sockets for 8k / 16k ROMs. 4 of these sockets can be used for 32k ROMs / write protectable battery backed RAM / EEPROM / Flash / FRAM (banks 8 thru 15)
- 4 x 16k write protectable battery backed RAM banks (banks 4 thru 7)
- 20k Shadow RAM
- 12k Private RAM
- Y2K compliant RTC
- IBOS (IntegraB OS) / Basic in a combined 32k EPROM. This uses one of the 32k ROM sockets on the IntegraB board
The board has been tested and will happily co-exist with DFS*1 / Floppy drive / Gotek, Econet, VideoNula, Datacentre, 2nd Processor / Pi Copro, GoSDC / GoMMC, MMFS, BeebSCSI / Winchester HDD, speech synthesiser, various PALPROM solutions (like SpellMaster 128).
Note, however, that the IntegraB will not work with BBCs that have had wiring modifications to accept 32K ROMS / RAM / EEPROM in the 4 ROM sockets. This is because the IntegraB uses some of the same ROM slots that have been assigned to the modified sockets on the mainboard. I recommend that you reverse any wiring mods to the 4 ROM sockets before installing the IntgeraB.
As mentioned previously, price for this batch will be £67.50 + £5 UK postage, and I will be looking for payment via Paypal gift. I may be able to do international delivery, but please contact me for international postage costs.
For this price, you will get the following:
- IntegraB board as described above
- 32k PROM pre-programmed with IBOS and Basic. This will be pre-installed in IntegraB ROM socket 15 (ROM banks 14 & 15)
- 2 x Self adhesive support strips
- 40 pin socket extension
- 2 wire power lead to connect between the IntegraB board and the main BBC motherboard
- 3 wire signal lead to connect between the IntegraB board and the main BBC motherboard
If interested, please note interest below, and we can take it to PM for payment and delivery details.
*1 Please note that if you have a 1770 expansion board with ICs fitted on the underside of the board, it is possible this board has been fitted with an extension socket to lift it above the speech chip IC93, and it may be necessary for me to install the IntegraB power socket in a slightly different location to remove a clash between the IntegraB board and the elevated 1770 board. The latest 1770 boards sold by retroclinic and ctorwy31 have the ICs mounted on the topside of the board, and will not cause a clash. If you have any doubt, please contact me so I can advise you.
Some photos attached for you to view: