Lots Of Duplicate Stuff On Everygamegoing

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
Dave_E

Lots Of Duplicate Stuff On Everygamegoing

Post by Dave_E » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:38 pm

I have listed loads of spare Electron and BBC Micro stuff on Everygamegoing over the past couple of days.

I have recently been developing this site like crazy and it has a *lot* of new content and functionality. Still needs a tweak here and there but it *seems* pretty stable. Hopefully I haven't refactored it to the extent that I've left something in there that wrecks the buying process.

One of the big functionalities that it will offer shortly is the ability to list your own items in the shop. So if you have some spare items you would create a collection on it, then bundle the items together or sell them individually as you might like. If you have items that someone else has already put in their wanted list, then the site will ping them automatically and you might get a quick sale. Alternatively, you can always search the wanted lists of other users, or even just click the "show stuff I've got that other people want" which gives you an instant report.

Anyway this is just a heads up in case anyone is looking to buy the odd Beeb tape or two. I do have even more of it that I'll be working my way through in the coming days too.

0xC0DE

Re: Lots Of Duplicate Stuff On Everygamegoing

Post by 0xC0DE » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Excellent job! =D>
0xC0DE
:idea: Follow me on Twitter :idea: Visit my YouTube channel featuring my demos for Acorn Electron and BBC Micro

myelin

Post by myelin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 pm

Very nice! I've placed an order for a bunch of my childhood favourites :)
SW/EE from New Zealand, now in Mountain View, CA, making BBC/Electron hardware projects for fun.
Most interesting: Arcflash, FX2+PiTubeDirect Tube/Cartridge adapter, USB cart interface.

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Yup, just got it. Came through fine. ;-)

myelin

Post by myelin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 pm

Excellent :) When it came back from PayPal, I got an error about some PayPal process failing (sorry... didn't take a screenshot) but when I refreshed, the order showed up as paid and working fine, and I got a PayPal receipt. Glad it made it through to you!
SW/EE from New Zealand, now in Mountain View, CA, making BBC/Electron hardware projects for fun.
Most interesting: Arcflash, FX2+PiTubeDirect Tube/Cartridge adapter, USB cart interface.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi Dave,

It looks like you might have a few I need, but I can't tell for certain what type of packaging some of the items are in.

I collect BBC Micro games that are in single cassette boxes - the type we used to buy albums on. I don't collect double cassette boxes, or those with larger plastic blister style packaging.

Would I be correct in assuming that anything around 60g is in such a box?

Here's what I have already, for reference:

http://irv.is/bbcmicro

Thanks!

Jon

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Following this....

Just added the ones I'm interested in to a cart, and started adding my details. After adding my address I got this error:

http://c.dgn.io/8d3ec32b36ef

As well as this, I noticed the list of countries are in a strange order.

Note: I don't know if you can see what I added to my cart. Those are the ones I need (I think), if they are single cassettes - but I was filling in my details to check the final price (I have a per game limit I'm willing to spend!).

Ta.

Jon

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed it. Due to a little "upgrade" I just put it. You should be able to log in and complete your order now without issue.

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:21 pm

Oooh, and regarding your box_type comment, well Everygamegoing is one of the only sites where all the items have that information as a data field. I never thought to expose that in the shop quick view though. You can see it on the item pages. I'll see if I can squeeze it in during the shopping cart journey. I never actually thought of people only collecting certain box types but it makes sense.

Might even add a little filter in the shop to only show by certain box types too!

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:34 pm

Dave_E wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:00 pm
Hi Jon,

Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed it. Due to a little "upgrade" I just put it. You should be able to log in and complete your order now without issue.
Just logged in. How do I view my active cart? There's no link (or at least I can't see one).

Jon

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:38 pm

I've worked out how to view the cart.

Went through checkout, which worked - but the P&P total is £20.60 + £1.25 for materials. £21.85 seems excessive for just over 2kg!

I'm guessing it's calculating price based on weight?

I've removed some of the more expensive games, to reduce the total weight under 2kg, but it's still £16 postage.

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:07 pm

I think it's because it's a large order and it doesn't have the Parcelforce rates in there.

Well, it didn't have them but it does now and so now it works it out as about £13.14 + £1.25 which seems a bit more reasonable.

I've also added a little pop-up 'How Is Everygamegoing Working Out Shipping?' which is now displayed on the row where the shipping total is.

If you're still on the Order page, click Return To Shopping Cart and Pay again and it will recalculate the order with the Parcelforce shipping.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:04 pm

Dave_E wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:07 pm
I think it's because it's a large order and it doesn't have the Parcelforce rates in there.

Well, it didn't have them but it does now and so now it works it out as about £13.14 + £1.25 which seems a bit more reasonable.

I've also added a little pop-up 'How Is Everygamegoing Working Out Shipping?' which is now displayed on the row where the shipping total is.

If you're still on the Order page, click Return To Shopping Cart and Pay again and it will recalculate the order with the Parcelforce shipping.
Hi,

If I'm honest, that's still too much. Sending a parcel first class costs around £5 if it's under 2kg, and can be sent 2nd for under £3.

Sorry.

Jon

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:40 pm

Where are you looking for those rates? I mean it costs me £1.54 to send a 1st class 124g DVD. How can it only be £3 for 2000g?

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Dave_E wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:40 pm
Where are you looking for those rates? I mean it costs me £1.54 to send a 1st class 124g DVD. How can it only be £3 for 2000g?
I run an ecommerce web site (modelmatic.uk), so am familiar with royal mail pricing. 2kg small parcel, 2nd class is around £3.

https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Jon

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Ok, well I don't know how to respond to that. No-one ever placed a really big order before and I don't know the size of your models.

Originally I programmed it to automatically get the cheapest Royal Mail shipping service and, in the last 3-4 years, it always seemed to get it 100% correct, apart from when Royal Mail had increased its prices and I had to manually update it with the new figures. So it's not some brand new thing that I programmed a few days ago.

I'm happy enough to re-program it if it needs it or if anyone can suggest how it might be made more "transparent". It's certainly not there to try and rip people off with excess postage... quite the contrary, it's meant to get the actual amount the postage will be.

Anyway, thanks for all your pointers and bug reports throughout the day because I have fixed up a lot of things with the Order journey as a result so not too bothered about not actually selling the games in the end. ;-)

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Was going to send you the list, but unfortunately my carts been emptied.

I had around 24 tapes, which were 64 - 80g. Total weight was around 1600g.

Just for info....

Jon

balladof32

Post by balladof32 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:11 pm

I was hoping there for a second you had the beeb version of superiors stranded or superiors ladder maze 😩

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:57 pm

You can always create it as a Wanted Item and then as soon as I have a spare copy of it (and I add it), the site will send you an e-mail...!

balladof32

Post by balladof32 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:02 pm

Dave_E wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:57 pm
You can always create it as a Wanted Item and then as soon as I have a spare copy of it (and I add it), the site will send you an e-mail...!
Ok will do 👍

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Wed May 01, 2019 7:57 pm

Dave_E wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:57 pm
Wanted Item and then as soon as I have a
Dave, just wondering if Asteroids - Computer Concepts has a download??
just noticed it IS different from Asteroid belt, need for the archive ...

Cheers, Col.

PS your £2.50 value now should be £10.57 after todays outbid :cry:
ImageImageImage

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Wed May 01, 2019 8:02 pm

I'd have to dig out the tape and see if it still works... At some point when I get a few minutes I'll have a look.

The £2.50 is probably the base price. A lot of the early Beeb stuff doesn't have the "rarity" fields populated and that means the game just shows with the base price.

You can see how it all works here:

http://www.everygamegoing.com/egg/marke ... tor/step1/

Although at the moment, this seems to have a very small bug in the final step that I have only recently introduced and can't quite work out how...!

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Wed May 01, 2019 8:24 pm

Dave_E wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:02 pm
I'll have a look
thanks!

just tried to log in again on your magical site, but think when tried to log in last time could not do it either :?

i've now done the "forgot password" , but no email ..... as yet (15mins)

will PM my addy as may require a full reset, as your site has moved on lots since the beginning! 8)
ImageImageImage

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Wed May 01, 2019 8:53 pm

note: Playstation3 games are Blu-ray, not DVD , as they are 1GB to 18+GB... i can't copy them :-$ 8-[
ImageImageImage

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Wed May 01, 2019 8:56 pm

Ah, ok, I'll add that to my "To Fix" list.

Dave_E

Post by Dave_E » Thu May 02, 2019 8:35 pm

And... it's fixed. I need to add some screenshots for most of the PS3 titles... [Adds to things to do list]

Not sure if we have any Game Boy Advance fans on this forum but this...

http://www.everygamegoing.com/egg/every ... on_id=want

has been the latest update.