help, price value of Electron

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
lucifershalo

help, price value of Electron

Post by lucifershalo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 am

Hello,
can you help me value the price of

Electron (no box, with power supply)

and the joystick connection/cart slots module ?

thanks

will post photos soon

danielj

Re: help, price value of Electron

Post by danielj » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 am

Check ebay sold prices and decide what you'd take for it?

They've gone anywhere from £30 to £70. e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acorn-Electr ... 2160796722

d.

markdryan

Post by markdryan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:41 am

For reference, I bought two electrons from eBay during the summer.

I paid £34 for a boxed electron with manuals, power supply and cables. The electron works fine and is in great condition. The box cover was a little torn.

The second electron cost £52 and came with a Plus 1 and a power supply. This electron was unboxed and shipped with no manuals or cables. Again it worked fine and was in pretty good condition apart from one missing foot. The serial number sticker was missing from the plus 1.

daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Or . . . You could go to the extreme.

Dave H :shock:
Parts: UM6502CE, GAL22V10D, GAL16V8D, AS6C62256A, TC514400AZ, WD1772, R6522, TMS27C512, AT28C256
Products: ARA II, ARA III, ABR, ATI, AP6, MGC, AP5 . . .
For a price list, contact me at: Retro Hardware AT dave ej hitchins DOT plus DOT com

CMcDougall

Post by CMcDougall » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:19 pm

I got mylast 5 for £15
came with original working adaptor , working elk, & MIA tapes :D

Plus1s got for £20
ImageImageImage

rmbrowngr

Post by rmbrowngr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:28 pm

£20-£30 seems about right. My current Electron cost me £30. If you are looking to sell it on eBay I would recommend taking some pictures of it working ie a picture of the display on a TV with you having pressed all the keys. Plenty of all round pictures. A detailed description of what someone is buying. And try to time the sale when there are no other Electrons for sale to maximise the selling price.
Richard B
Acorn Electrons issue 4 and issue 6 with Master RAM Board, Acorn Plus 1, AP6, AP5, Pegasus 400, BeebSCSI, Gotek, Raspberry Pi 2nd Processor, GoSDC MBE with Elk2GoSDC and Cart2GoSDC.
BBC B+ 64K (128K upgraded) with Duel OS

markjw

Post by markjw » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:24 pm

won one on eBay a couple of nights ago for £30 with power supply but nothing else.

Might be interested in the expansion module if you are selling
Mark