Upgraded A310 and software bundle for sale

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
nealgs

Upgraded A310 and software bundle for sale

Post by nealgs » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi All,

Finally got round to getting the A310 up and running after originally asking for info in Jan/Feb 2016, better late than never i suppose :)

Unfortunately i'm now needing to sell it all due to car repairs and a rather large bill to sort it. I'n not desperate so won't be just giving it away:

Acorn A310 purchased on 19th December 1987 by me - original cost was £1255 including Phillips 8833 monitor.
ARM3 upgrade
FPA10 - floating point co-processor upgrade (thanks to steve3000 for the reminder :) )
4MB RAM
MEMC1a upgrade
RISCOS 3.10
Morley SCSI podule with 100MB Quantum SCSI drive
4 Slot backplane

Software:
Acorn Advance
Acorn C
Clares Artisan
Missile Control
PC Emulator
Render Bender
Zelanites
Lemmings
Populous
Quark
Air Supremacy
Conqueror
TWIN Editor

Books
Programmers Reference manuals
Archimedes Assembly Language
Wimp programmer ref

etc,etc

Few more bits in the box

I'm based Leeds, West Yorkshire way - not idea on what it's all worth - give me a shout if interested

rgds
Gary
Attachments
IMG_20171228_200217.jpg
IMG_20171228_203144.jpg
IMG_20171228_195913.jpg
IMG_20171228_195741.jpg
IMG_20171228_194304.jpg
Last edited by nealgs on Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nealgs

Re: Upgraded A310 and software bundle for sale

Post by nealgs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Correction to first post - cost was £1155 and purchased 1/12/1987 - just found photo copy of receipt in Quark game box - lol

Couple more photos of the insides showing 4 slots and rom carrier plus hd and scsi card and ARM3

I'm as yet unable to reply to or send PM's as i've not got enough posts on the forums - which is fair enough :)

I'v not yet thought about splitting it - ideally would like to sell all in one go, but will look at doing that if nobody interested in it all.

rgds
Gary
Attachments
IMG_20171229_124358.jpg
4 slots backplane and ROM carrier, ARM3
IMG_20171229_124347.jpg
harddrive and scsi card

nealgs

Post by nealgs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:33 pm

just doing a further search of the box and have the following additional bits of software:

ArcWriter
EMR - Arpeggio Music System - Sound Synth module
Apocalypse by 4th Dimension
Original Arthur 1.2 ROMS (in RISCOS 3.10 upgrade box with manuals etc
Hoverbod
Alerion
Zarch
CJE Micros DFS Reader & External 51/4" buffered disk drive cable and interface
ColourSep - Ian Copestake software

also have manuals for CyberChess & Chocks away, but can't find the disks - which is strange, both are 4th Dimension titles too.

UPDATE: Founds disks for above manuals - Chocks away appears to be a Demo disk.

will add if i find anything else.

rgds
Gary

steve3000

Post by steve3000 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:49 am

That looks like a really high spec genuine A310 in original condition, with a nice software package too. I'm sure it would make a great system for an Archimedes enthusiast or beginner wanting to take a first step into retro 32bit Acorn computing!

Looking at your photos, you should also mention that it has an FPA10 chip fitted to the ARM3 board, as these FPA chips are fairly rare, and can fetch high prices (the only FPA10 chip I've seen sold on eBay in the last 12 months went for over £80 - not bad considering relatively few software titles made good use of the FPA).

Good luck with the sale!

crj

Post by crj » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:14 am

steve3000 wrote:relatively few software titles made good use of the FPA
Basic VI did, as did anything written in C which used floating-point arithmetic.

Hence, FPA10 gave a useful speed-up to significant proportions of RISCiX.

Back in the day, I was contracted to write the software support for an 80387 on a podule, i.e. a replacement FPEmulator module. During development, I used !Draw for touch-testing new versions, and the speed improvement was clearly visible.

nealgs

Post by nealgs » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:49 pm

cheers steve3000 & crj for the info - completely forgot about the FPA10 chip i bought as part of the ARM3 upgrade if i remember correctly - was a long time ago, lol :D

Gary

JonC

Post by JonC » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi Gary,

I could be interested in the base unit (assuming you're willing to split), but it would of course depend on price.
Would prefer to do that via PM though, so if you use the below link to contact an Admin, I'm sure they will turn PM's on for you. :D
memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

Cheers!

Jon

PS I'm about 10-15 miles from you in Wakey so can collect easily enough. :mrgreen:
Jon

danielj

Post by danielj » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Gary's PMs are fully enabled.

d.

nealgs

Post by nealgs » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi Jon,

Don't really want to split at this time - would prefer all to go as a bundle ideally.

As Daniel says, my PM's are now activated - :)

Rgds
Gary

nealgs

Post by nealgs » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:44 pm

A quick belated new year bump for this.

I've not actively pushed selling it since original posting, but it is still available if anyone interested.

Gary

sydney

Post by sydney » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:52 pm

nealgs wrote:A quick belated new year bump for this.

I've not actively pushed selling it since original posting, but it is still available if anyone interested.

Gary
I think some sort of indication of an approximate price would help anyone declare an interest.

nealgs

Post by nealgs » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi sydney,

Yeh, very good point, not fully sure on it's real worth and prices from ebay vary wildly to make it difficult to say for certain, so i'll put a price on that i think reflects what i'd believe it to be worth - so looking at around £400 for it all.

If this is a wildy overpriced value, then let me know what you think it's worth and make an offer, i can only say no :)

Ideally collected as wouldn't really trust any parcel service to treat it properly and it's bloomin heavy too :)

If anyone is interested or would like to see it in person, let me know (i'm based near Leeds, LS25 area)

rgds
Gary