Trading A3010

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
jubber

Trading A3010

Post by jubber »

Hi - I've got an A3010 which runs apart from not keeping time on its clock. The old battery has been removed and the board cleaned and in all other respects the machine functions - I've tested it with various games, the built-in rom apps and various different PD software items I had to hand.
A3010
A3010
So... would anybody be interested in swapping it for a different Acorn machine? I'd like to play around with something new. I've already got a BBC B and an Electron - but there are lots of other machines from both the 8 and 32-bit ranges I've never tried out.

Cheers,

Robin
poink

Re: Trading A3010

Post by poink »

jubber wrote:I've already got a BBC B and an Electron - but there are lots of other machines from both the 8 and 32-bit ranges I've never tried out.
A3010s often seem to go for exciting amounts of money, so, particularly if you could fix the clock, it might work out better to sell the machine on eBay and buy other machines with the proceeds.
jubber

Post by jubber »

I did think of that - and I may end up going that way - but this forum has many technically minded people who may be better at soldering than me, and who have, say, two Masters in their collection and no A3010. First refusal goes to stardot, where the Acornish live
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Now where is the like button when you need it :D

Mark
geraldholdsworth

Post by geraldholdsworth »

jubber wrote:better at soldering than me, and who have, say, two Masters in their collection and no A3010.
I'm good at soldering, have two Masters in my collection, and no A3010...

...however, I'm not actually looking to have an A3010 added to my collection at this time. I used to have a couple, but never used them - I only tend to get machines that I'm going to use (except for the Atom, the Electron, and one of the Masters). I also only tend to take machines that might otherwise end up at the skip.
Gerald Holdsworth
Repton Resource Page
www.reptonresourcepage.co.uk
cercamon

Post by cercamon »

I may be interested if still available. Always wanted to add an Archimedes to my collection.
Please PM me with your request, I'll look to see what I can offer in a swapping trade.
Acorn Absolute Beginner - [Acorn Electron / Acorn Risc PC700]
jubber

Post by jubber »

Yup - it's still available. The private message thing won't let me use it until I'm a second level padawan or something - so give me a shout on rjubber at talktalk.net

Cheers,

Robin.
danielj

Post by danielj »

Consider yourselves both fast-tracked to second level padawan status :D

(It defaults to 25 posts before allowing PMs).

d.
Trapper

Post by Trapper »

How much would someone consider an adelaide A3010 with Castle IDE mini-podule (120MB hard drive and CF card), clean case, floppy eject button (not attached, but not lost either!) and a 10baseT mini-podule?

I've been looking to swap it out for an A5000 really. Can't see much point going for an A4000 as there is not difference, and an A3020 is just a single case A4000!
jubber

Post by jubber »

Cercamon, if you read this post - try email. I've tried sending you a private message using this board's message system, but it's just sitting in the outbox going nowhere.
danielj

Post by danielj »

That means he hasn't read it.

d.
simonm

Post by simonm »

Trapper - I'd be interested in your A3010, let me know how much you had in mind for it.
Thanks
Simon
cercamon

Post by cercamon »

Hey, jubber, so sorry for this late reply. I just sent you a PM here in StarDot.
No way I can use TalkTalk service, I'm in Switzerland and it won't let me in.
cercamon

Post by cercamon »

Don't know why my PM to jubber stays in the Outbox and doesn't get delivered... Mods, can you please help? Thank you.
danielj

Post by danielj »

Because he hasn't read it yet. Once he's read it, it'll vanish from your outbox.

d.
cercamon

Post by cercamon »

Ok, got it, thanks for the info.

Return to “for sale / freebies”