PiTubeDirect signalconverter for BBC Micro

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
guddler

Re: PiTubeDirect signalconverter for BBC Micro

Post by guddler » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Ok, no problem. Everyone seems to want me at once today but I’ll sort it later thanks.

AndyGarton

Post by AndyGarton » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:07 pm

Another very happy customer (for two "InTube" complete devices) here, thanks Kjell.

guddler

Post by guddler » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:50 pm

sundbyk wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:41 pm
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I would appreciate if you send it as a gift.
If not they take 3% of the money.

Kjell S.
Finally had a moment to sort this out. Payment sent and I've PM'd you my delivery details via the forum. Cheers!

thearttrooper

Post by thearttrooper » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:41 pm

I blindly bought a 40-pin cable and ended up with the wrong connectors. Checking online there are dozens of suppliers. Can someone here recommend a good source of assembled 40-pin cables?

Many thanks.

dv8

Post by dv8 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:04 pm

I'm using these with my external Pi 3B+.
They are about £5.50 for two, a decent length but not too long, and have been rock solid for the past year or so despite being plugged and unplugged several times.

thearttrooper

Post by thearttrooper » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 am

@dv8 - thank you. Order placed.

guddler

Post by guddler » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 am

Just wanted to give feedback to say the converter arrived today and is working just fine =D> (Well, it arrived yesterday but let's not get into how the Mrs could be in all day and still not hear the postman :roll: )

I'm using it in a M128 with a pi 2+ (because it's what I had sat on the shelf doing nothing). I do see 681.18Mhz from the floating point test?? I'm assuming something is off there but I'll read back through the threads, it's probably been covered before.

I do have one question - the online manual states that the GND/RX lines of the serial port are screened wrong on the board. Is that old news for an old revision because looking at the tracks they look correct to me? Again, not looked back through the threads yet.

sundbyk

Post by sundbyk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 am

guddler wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 am
Just wanted to give feedback to say the converter arrived today and is working just fine =D> (Well, it arrived yesterday but let's not get into how the Mrs could be in all day and still not hear the postman :roll: )

I'm using it in a M128 with a pi 2+ (because it's what I had sat on the shelf doing nothing). I do see 681.18Mhz from the floating point test?? I'm assuming something is off there but I'll read back through the threads, it's probably been covered before.

I do have one question - the online manual states that the GND/RX lines of the serial port are screened wrong on the board. Is that old news for an old revision because looking at the tracks they look correct to me? Again, not looked back through the threads yet.
Good to hear that the packages arrived safe.
I have not tested the speed for Pi2+, but I know it is much slower the Pi Zero and Pi 3.
The GND and RX are correct on the version you have. This was a mistake for version 1.2.

Kjell S.
Kjell Sundby
Web: http://www.sundby.com

guddler

Post by guddler » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:16 am

100x the original speed is more than fast enough. No point spending more money ;)

guddler

Post by guddler » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 am

@sundbyk sent you a pm on 20th Sept that’s still unread. You appear to have sent me a duplicate order!

If that’s what it is, simply a duplicate sent out in mistake then next time someone from the UK orders let me know and I’ll ship it to them. All I’ve done is open the box to see what it was since I wasn’t expecting it, otherwise not so much as taken anything out of the bags.

Obviously if it was sent for some other reason then let me know :)