VideoNuLA boards

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces. You can refer to a Buy-It-Now item if you're also making it available direct to forum users.
mr.re

Re: VideoNuLA boards

Post by mr.re »

Hi Rob,

Please could I reserve 1 board from the next batch.

Many thanks,
Rich.
RobC

Post by RobC »

Hi Rich,

Sure - I'll put you on the list.

Thanks,

Rob
BlondMM

Post by BlondMM »

Hello Rob,

Do you still have one available to expand my revival Beeb? I would be most grateful.

Regards,
Martijn
Acorn BBC Micro Model B's
 • Issue 7 65C02, Solidisk Twomeg 128K, WD1772, dual 5¼" DSDD 40/80, Hybrid Music 5000/4000
 • Issue 7 6502, IFEL RAM/ROM_B4, TMS6100 Emulator, GoMMC, PiTubeDirect, Pi1MHz, RGBtoHD 12 Bit
RobC

Post by RobC »

I should have some made soon - just had a bit of a hiccup with the supply of the PCBs that delayed things a bit!
BlondMM

Post by BlondMM »

RobC wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:06 pm
I should have some made soon - just had a bit of a hiccup with the supply of the PCBs that delayed things a bit!
No problem Rob, I'm not in a hurry. Just put me up the list for one please! :wink:

Cheers,
Martijn
Acorn BBC Micro Model B's
 • Issue 7 65C02, Solidisk Twomeg 128K, WD1772, dual 5¼" DSDD 40/80, Hybrid Music 5000/4000
 • Issue 7 6502, IFEL RAM/ROM_B4, TMS6100 Emulator, GoMMC, PiTubeDirect, Pi1MHz, RGBtoHD 12 Bit
SamSkivington

Post by SamSkivington »

Same here please Rob. No mad rush but please add me to the list. :)
RobC

Post by RobC »

Thanks - will do.

I am in the process of making more boards and will have some ready soon. I do have a number of people on the waiting list though so,depending on how many of them still want one, you may have to wait for the next batch. I do have some leave coming up in the next few weeks so it shouldn't be too long :)
MarkJGallagher

Post by MarkJGallagher »

Please let me know when I can have one... whichever future batch has one free for me 🙂
Ukwebb

Post by Ukwebb »

Hi Rob
could I be added to the list please :)
- if it matters mine is for the Master 128
Many thanks
guybrush3pwood

Post by guybrush3pwood »

Hi Rob,

Could I be put on the list for the next batch of boards?

I'd love a video nula for my Beeb model A
RobC

Post by RobC »

guybrush3pwood wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:06 pm

Sure - I have some ready here so will be contacting people this weekend. Depending on how many people still want one, I may well have one for you.

Obviously, you'll need 32KB of memory to use mode 2 so the 16 colours won't be much good otherwise (unless you code up mode 8!).

Best wishes,

Rob
guybrush3pwood

Post by guybrush3pwood »

My Beeb A is modified so that every RAM chip is socketted. all 32kb of them!

The previous owner basically upgraded it to be a full model B spec.

I signed up to the forum specifically to get a NULA, and because I havent made many posts yet I havent been able to message you personally.

I live in Australia, but am happy to pay all costs and postage
guybrush3pwood

Post by guybrush3pwood »

RobC wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:51 pm
guybrush3pwood wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:06 pm

Sure - I have some ready here so will be contacting people this weekend. Depending on how many people still want one, I may well have one for you.
Did you end up having enough spare?
RobC

Post by RobC »

Sorry - I've been really busy at work and we've had an issue at home that we've been dealing with this week. So, I haven't got round to messaging everyone yet. I'll try to get on with it tonight and will let you know asap.
jkmclaren

Post by jkmclaren »

Hi,

I would be grateful if you could kindly add me to your list if not too late. Would be for a BBC Master if relevant, understand it would need chip removal.

Thanks
RobC

Post by RobC »

Thanks for the interest - I'll add you to the list.

The original video ula/vidproc does usually need to be desoldered on the Master. If you're not able or confident to do this, I'm happy to do it free of charge if you pay the P&P to get the Master motherboard to and from me.
jkmclaren

Post by jkmclaren »

Thanks Rob, I may well take you up on the offer for fitting. I don't want you to do it for free though!
RobC

Post by RobC »

jkmclaren wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:30 pm
Thanks Rob, I may well take you up on the offer for fitting. I don't want you to do it for free though!
Happy to fit it for you - I have never charged anyone for this in the past though :D
smg_75

Post by smg_75 »

Hi Rob

I’d be interested in one of these the next time you have some.
Would it work with a Sideways Ram expansion???

Cheers

Stephen
RobC

Post by RobC »

smg_75 wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:42 pm
I’d be interested in one of these the next time you have some.
Would it work with a Sideways Ram expansion???
I'll add you to the list.

It does work with sideways RAM expansions (I have 32KB of sideways RAM in my Beeb). It fits alongside or under most ROM/RAM boards.

I am aware that the VideoNuLA ROM (rather than the hardware itself) clashes with one type of ROM/RAM board (can't remember which) but I have a workaround for that.
smg_75

Post by smg_75 »

Thank you :)
Very much appreciated
roganjosh

Post by roganjosh »

RobC wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:02 am
I am aware that the VideoNuLA ROM (rather than the hardware itself) clashes with one type of ROM/RAM board (can't remember which) but I have a workaround for that.
It's true of the IFEL ROM/RAM board (a truly wonderful thing) when you want the VideoNuLa code in a RAM slot, but the workaround works a treat. I think I have the honour of being the first to try the workaround. Well, apart from Rob of course. Fame at last.

Alan
RobC

Post by RobC »

Thanks Alan - I thought it was the IFEL one but wasn't 100% sure :D
guybrush3pwood

Post by guybrush3pwood »

Thanks for the update Rob.

I'm new to the forum and havent yet been approved to send private messages

But I believe you should be able to message me? Anyway, post here if there is trouble

Im waiting on the Rasberry Pi copro and a Gotek to arrive so I can really beef up my machine
ed731pdh

Post by ed731pdh »

New to the group but have been into computers since the early 80s and shorts.

I'm seriously considering a NuLa for a B motherboard which has major issues with the clock circuit. The 7404 chips is generating the correct frequency and is being fed to the 7400 buffer chip, but nothing coming out from the other side other that a flat 2.4v signal with no clock frequency. Now, either the 7400 has gone kaput, or the frequency division side of the ULA has died and is dampening the signal coming from the 7400.

First plan, change out the 7400 and see if that makes a difference. Second plan is to lift the legs only for that part of the ULA, subs a 7473 clock divider and see if that fixes. Last plan is to fit a NuLa.

So, long term, I'd like to go on the list for consideration for a NuLa when the next batch comes out as I have a second B that I can use it on, but I'd really like to crack this 7 series board.

Return to “for sale / freebies”