Pegasus 400 - Electron Disc Interface - Now available - 19-07-21

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
daveejhitchins

Pegasus 400 - Electron Disc Interface - Now available - 19-07-21

Post by daveejhitchins »

What you get - for the £35.32

A cased Pegasus Disc Interface for the Electron
Supplied with Slogger's DFS and ACP's ADFS
Comprehensive User Guide
First class signed for UK post (contact me for overseas P&P)

PM me if you'd like a kit, however, you don't save much as I charge 1985 prices for building!
IMG_1408.jpg
IMG_1409.jpg
IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1419.jpg

Dave H.
Last edited by daveejhitchins on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
danielj

Re: Pegasus 400 - Electron Disc Interface - Now available - 19-07-21

Post by danielj »

(I'm not buying one, but that is an absolute bargain!)
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

danielj wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:30 pm
(I'm not buying one, but that is an absolute bargain!)
Thanks, Daniel . . . I've spent ages trying to get the price of everything down as far as possible. Found a few new sources of TTL parts in the process!

I also have another redesign in mind to reduce the cost and number of parts even further - but that will depend on the popularity of the ones I have.

Dave H.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Really nicely built Dave. If I didn't already own two Slogger 400's I'd take one immediately. If you want to get the price down further, integrate the two ROMs into a single EPROM and you can reduce the PCB size.

Bryce.
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:43 pm
Really nicely built Dave. If I didn't already own two Slogger 400's I'd take one immediately. If you want to get the price down further, integrate the two ROMs into a single EPROM and you can reduce the PCB size.

Bryce.
I was thinking more of loosing up to 6 of the 8 TTL ICs. But, Yes, I could integrate the ROMs, as long as I can still swap their positions e.g. which FS taks control at power-up.

My thoughts were based on using 22V10s, however, one of the CPLDs may do a better job - but way out of my comfort range!

Biggest problem are the cases . . . although if the board is small enough then it may fall into the size my 3D printer can handle!

Dave H.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

You could also go SMD on the TTL chips and put them on the back of the PCB, that could bring the PCB size down to the width of the edge connector.

Bryce.
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:48 am
You could also go SMD on the TTL chips and put them on the back of the PCB, that could bring the PCB size down to the width of the edge connector.

Bryce.
Ideas, Ideas . . . .

Dave H. :D
SpaceFlightOrange

Post by SpaceFlightOrange »

Saw this on facebook before. fantastic work on this. I don't own an Electron, but this makes me want one :D
James

BBC Model A Issue 3 (Upgraded to Model B), IFEL TurboMMC, IFEL ROMRAM-B4, Pi-Zero CoPro, VideoNuLA

Master 128, Watford Quest Mouse, Gotek, Pi-Zero internal CoPro, Pi-1Mhz HDD, RGBtoHDMI

Opus Dual 40/80 FDD
scropp

Post by scropp »

Hi Dave,

I would like one of these, please.

Many thanks,

Stephen
Stephen
daveejhitchins

Post by daveejhitchins »

scropp wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:05 pm
Hi Dave,

I would like one of these, please.

Many thanks,

Stephen
PM sent - Dave H.
ELKnovice

Post by ELKnovice »

Hi Dave,
Been on the lookout for a floppy interface to go with the plus 1 you upgraded for me earlier in the year and from what I read, the Pegasus 400 interface is by far the most discussed and so guessing the most favoured by forum members. If there any left please add me to the list.
Separately, how much would it take to produce a version that plugs directly into the Elk expansion port? Cant help thinking that there are owners who would like to use the likes of a GOTECH but cannot not get hold of a plus 1.

Regards
Keith
roland

Post by roland »

ELKnovice wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Separately, how much would it take to produce a version that plugs directly into the Elk expansion port? Cant help thinking that there are owners who would like to use the likes of a GOTECH but cannot not get hold of a plus 1.
They can use a Minus One. That plugs directly into the expansion connector and provides three slots. Two of them are 100% compatible with the plus1 slots.
FPGAtom: 512 KB RAM, Real Time Clock and 64 colours
MAN WOMAN :shock:

Return to “for sale / freebies”