FS: The Darkness of Raven Wood (physical floppy disc version) for the BBC Micro/Master/Compact & Electron

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
Arcadian
Site Admin

FS: The Darkness of Raven Wood (physical floppy disc version) for the BBC Micro/Master/Compact & Electron

Post by Arcadian »

I'm a bit late advertising this here, but last Saturday (to coincide with the Virtual ABug event on 3rd April) I finally made physical versions available for John Blythe's beautiful horror-themed graphical text adventure The Darkness of Raven Wood which can be supplied in a 5.25" DFS package for the BBC Micro/Master and Electron with DFS or a 3.5" ADFS package for the Master Compact/BBC Master and Electron with ADFS; with both formats being available as either 'Standard Releases' or 'Deluxe versions'. See slide for ordering info and scroll down for photos.

The game is supplied on new-old-stock DSDD floppy discs inside new "Acornsoft"-style black disc wallets, complete with "Level 9"-styled inlays featuring a custom cover illustration by author John Blythe.

View at high resolution

This photo shows the complete contents of the 5.25" DFS package (Deluxe version, £20) with additional backup copy on 3.5" DFS disc (£3) as well as the 3.5" ADFS package (Standard version, £12).

View at high resolution

The Standard version of the game includes:
  • Vinyl wallet with colour inlay
  • The game on either 5.25" DFS or 3.5" ADFS floppy disc
  • Instructions sheet
  • Postcard featuring the promotional artwork designed by John Blythe.
The Deluxe version of the game includes:
  • Vinyl wallet with colour inlay
  • The game on 5.25" DFS floppy disc
  • Instructions sheet
  • Postcard featuring the promotional artwork signed by author and designer John Blythe
  • A3 fold-out poster
  • Hintsheet
  • Double-sided Solution & Flowchart map created by Alex Dijkstra
  • Hand-drawn, graphical map by John Blythe
More details on this advert:

View at high resolution

Catalogue Numbers
  • RG01-U3A-S (3.5" ADFS, Standard version)
  • RG01-U5D-D (5.25" DFS, Deluxe version)

Formats
  • 3.5" version: ADFS "M" format (Single-sided, 80 Track)
  • 5.25" version: 80 Track single-sided DFS format
  • Backup copy on 3.5" disc: 80 Track single-sided DFS format (backup copy on drive 2)

Compatibility

The ADFS version has been tested to work on Acorn Electron with Acorn Plus 3 Disc Unit, or a 3.5" 80T single (or double) sided disc drive connected to an:
  • Acorn Electron with:
    - PRES/ACP Advanced Plus 3 ADFS disc interface
    - Slogger Pegasus 400 Disc interface with PRES ADFS Rom fitted
  • BBC Master Compact
  • BBC Master 128k.

The DFS version has been tested to work on a 5.25" 80 Track Disc drive connected to an:
  • Acorn Electron with:
    - PRES/ACP Advanced Plus 4 DFS disc interface
    - Slogger Pegasus 400 DFS disc interface
  • BBC Micro Model B with DFS
  • BBC Micro Model B+
  • BBC Master 128k.

The DFS 'backup copy' has been tested to work on a 3.5" 80T single (or double) sided disc drive connected to an:
  • Acorn Electron with:
    - PRES/ACP Advanced Plus 4 DFS disc interface
    - Slogger Pegasus 400 DFS disc interface
  • BBC Micro Model B with 1770 DFS
  • BBC Micro Model B+
  • BBC Master 128k.

Game Features & Details
  • Superb hand-drawn graphics for every location
  • Simple Verb/Noun input
  • Disc-only game
  • Classic supernatural horror adventure.

The Darkness of Raven Wood - Storyline

You've just arrived at the small village of Raven Wood, travelling here at the behest of your dear childhood friend Raynard, who has evidence of disturbing events happening in and around the village and - most worryingly - at Raven Wood manor.

You have had no further contact with Raynard for a month now. What is going on in the mysterious Raven Wood estate? What has become of Raynard? It is time to find out ...

Credits

Written and designed by John Blythe, Rucksack Games
Cover art: John Blythe

More photos

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

More images to follow ...
Attachments
1.jpg
Ad_RG01_TheDarknessOfRavenWood.jpg
RavenWood_Banner.png
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk
Arcadian
Site Admin

Re: FS: The Darkness of Raven Wood (physical floppy disc version) for the BBC Micro/Master/Compact & Electron

Post by Arcadian »

All Deluxe Versions of the game include a signed postcard by author/artist John Blythe...

RavenWood_Postcards_SigningByJohnBlythe_1.jpg
RavenWood_Postcards_SigningByJohnBlythe_2.jpg
RavenWood_Postcards_SigningByJohnBlythe_3.jpg

Game screenshots:

Screenshot1.png
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot3.png
lurkio

Re: FS: The Darkness of Raven Wood (physical floppy disc version) for the BBC Micro/Master/Compact & Electron

Post by lurkio »

I just wanted to thank Arcadian for the hard work he's done in putting together all the materials that make up this incredible package. It's just the perfect way to present John's amazing adventure game, with old-school maps and hints and all! Fantastic work!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

By the way, the following text encrypts a spoiler: gurer vf n fbeg bs Rnfgre rtt gung pna or npprffrq sebz gur svefg zrah -- ohg vg vf FCBVYREl, fb or jnearq! Gb npprff gur Rnfgre rtt, cerff gur mreb xrl ng gur svefg zrah fperra.

:idea:
M Sadler

Post by M Sadler »

Hi Arcadian
Please send me complete contents of the 5.25" DFS package (Deluxe version, £20) with additional backup copy on 3.5" DFS disc (£3). =D>
Michael
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

M Sadler wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:49 pm
Hi Arcadian
Please send my complete contents of the 5.25" DFS package (Deluxe version, £20) with additional backup copy on 3.5" DFS disc (£3). =D>
Michael
Ooh thanks, PM'd!
derek

Post by derek »

Hi,

The Deluxe version of "The Darkness of Raven Wood" arrived today, only ordered it on Friday, excellent servive.

This is the first game I have bought for, it seems hundreds of years...
Regards,

Derek
Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian »

M Sadler wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:49 pm
Hi Arcadian
Please send me complete contents of the 5.25" DFS package (Deluxe version, £20) with additional backup copy on 3.5" DFS disc (£3). =D>
Michael
It went out in today's post, should be with you very soon, thanks for another order, Mik! :)
derek wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:14 pm
The Deluxe version of "The Darkness of Raven Wood" arrived today, only ordered it on Friday, excellent servive.

This is the first game I have bought for, it seems hundreds of years...
Cheers for acknowledging receipt and delivery time Derek, I'm really trying my best to get orders out as quickly as I can! :)
Simon

Post by Simon »

The photos don't do this justice the Deluxe package is fantastic :) I was back to being 12 again opening these, only thing missing I didn't need to (ab)use Mum's credit card this time for the mail order.

Return to “for sale / freebies”