32bit hardware clearout

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
iainfm

32bit hardware clearout

Post by iainfm »

Hi,

I have a load of old 32bit hardware my parents gave me when they downsized. I've no real use for it and want it to go to someone who can make use of it - hence I'm offering it here not on ebay (yet).

Items are largely untested. The podules report themselves with *ROMMODULES except where noted. RiscPC items are untested, but I've no reason to think any of them are faulty - they were mostly the result of people upgrading their machines in some way.

Open to offers on everything. Call postage £4 per box to cover second class post with postie pickup? I have some boxes that are just within the small parcel limit, and happy to ship multiple things in one box where they'll fit nicely.

Items are:

Atomwide triple serial podule *SOLD*
Set of RISC OS 4.02 roms
Single RISC OS 4.02 ROM 1 *SOLD*
2-podule RPC backplane
ARM 710 CPU for RPC (three of)
StrongARM 233 CPU for RPC
486 SXL-40 PC Card for RPC (two of)
486 DX4 100MHz PC Card for RPC
Power/HDD LED loom for RPC (I think)
16bit sound adapter for RPC
HDD clip for RPC *SOLD*
EMR MIDI2 Podule
Wild Vision MIDI Podule
Cumana SCSI Podule
RPC 4 podule backplane
Castle SCSI Podule
Intelligent Interfaces Serial Podule (No *ROMMODULES output, but shows up with *PODULES)
Vision Digitiser Podule (No *ROMMODULES/*PODULES output (doesn't seem to have an onboard ROM)
RPC A7000 fan kit (probably). Spins quietly when power applied.
Acorn ST-506 podule (second port fitted, originally came with our A310 in 1988!)

Photos of everything available here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MDYNgjLFqHRiM3iw5
Last edited by iainfm on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
iainfm

Re: 32bit hardware clearout

Post by iainfm »

I'm hoping to have everything here tested as best I can over the Easter weekend.

So far, in addition to the podules noted above, all CPUs (ARM and Intel) are tested and working.
IanJeffray

Post by IanJeffray »

I reckon that fan is for an A7000. It looks like an A7000 backplane bracket, and those rivets go through the side wall of the A7000 case in to the fan.
iainfm

Post by iainfm »

IanJeffray wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:00 pm
I reckon that fan is for an A7000. It looks like an A7000 backplane bracket, and those rivets go through the side wall of the A7000 case in to the fan.
I'll check that with my dad, thanks. I don't *think* he ever dealt with an A7000 - as far as I know all his customers were RPC owners. But, I'd flown the nest by then, so there may well be one I don't know about!
IanJeffray

Post by IanJeffray »

iainfm wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:06 pm
IanJeffray wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:00 pm
I'll check that with my dad, thanks. I don't *think* he ever dealt with an A7000 - as far as I know all his customers were RPC owners. But, I'd flown the nest by then, so there may well be one I don't know about!
Compare with the bracket in my A7000 backplane review: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22052

And all the A7000s with fans I've seen, have used those funky little black plastic push-rivets. RiscPC fans are always screwed in place in to the PSU.
iainfm

Post by iainfm »

IanJeffray wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 pm
Compare with the bracket in my A7000 backplane review: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22052

And all the A7000s with fans I've seen, have used those funky little black plastic push-rivets. RiscPC fans are always screwed in place in to the PSU.
Thanks. I've updated the main listing!
iainfm

Post by iainfm »

Podule backplanes and ROMs now also tested.
c0burn

Post by c0burn »

StrongARM 233 CPU for RPC
486 DX4 100MHz PC Card for RPC (two of)

Interested in these. Will send you a PM.
myelin

Post by myelin »

Interested in these!

- 1 x ARM 710 CPU for RPC
- 1 x 486 DX4 100MHz PC Card for RPC
SW/EE from New Zealand, now in Mountain View, CA, making BBC/Electron hardware projects for fun.
Most interesting: Arcflash, FX2+PiTubeDirect Tube/Cartridge adapter, USB cart interface.
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

Hi I'm interested in ...

Atomwide triple serial podule
1 of the 486 DX4 100MHz PC Card for RPC

How much for these or do I have to make an offer ?

I think I'm too late for one of the 486 cards but if anyone drops out...
iainfm

Post by iainfm »

Hi,

Firstly apologies - I got my listing mixed up slightly - I only have one of the DX4 PC cards (but two of the slower ones).

I guess the best way forward is to DM me an offer and I'll get back to you :)

Return to “for sale / freebies”