For sale: RGBtoHDMI boards

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
Rod C

Re: For sale: RGBtoHDMI boards

Post by Rod C » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Hi Ian
I would like to go on the list for a built RGBtoHDMI board please.
Rod

sjo03

Post by sjo03 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:53 pm

I already asked earlier in this thread but just in case :
Can you please add me for two build boards ? One with analog and one without (for my bbc and for the spectrum).

Thank you so much! Johan

chris-uk

Post by chris-uk » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi Ian.
If possible, I would like one built RGBtoHDMI board for my BBC-B please.
Thanks

IanB

Post by IanB » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:32 pm

I've received a new batch of boards so will be sending them out over the next couple of weeks.

These new boards are 12 bit capable so can be used with sources like Commodore Amiga, Atari ST and BBC NuLA however that means picking up the 12 digital bits internally from each of those sources so some soldering is required. (BBC NuLA untested so far)
Although the new boards are 12 bit capable, in order to bring all 12 bits to an external connector an extender board is required and that is fitted in the same way as the analog board.

Updated prices:
RGBtoHDMI
Kit: £25 (Only 2 through hole connectors left to fit and a cable to be made up - all other through hole and SMD components already fitted)
Built: £30 (Including cable)

Add-on Analog board:
Kit: £22 (All surface mount components are already fitted, only through hole parts have to be soldered)
Built: £25

12 bit extender board
Kit: £4 (only through hole parts)
Built: £7

Here is the list of users that requested boards so far

Kit:
SpaceFlightOrange 1x RGB + 1x Analog
1987akaTheMoneyPit 2x RGB + 1x Analog
marcusjambler 1x RGB + 1x Analog
rodders 1x RGB + 1x Extender
chrissawer 1x RGB
noggin 1x RGB + 1x Analog
Pepperm 1x RGB + 1x Analog

Built:
sdhip 1x RGB
mlouka 1x RGB
sixedup 1x RGB + 1x Analog + 1x header
CommanderCoder 1x RGB + 1x Analog
Mince 1x RGB
sota 1x RGB
BillCarr2005 1x RGB
roobarb! 1x RGB
nelgin 1x RGB
sjo03 2x RGB + 1x Analog + 1x header
Richard Hallas 1x RGB
tarcus69 3x RGB + 1x Analog
ryanm 1x RGB
Rod C 1x RGB
chris-uk 1xRGB
Bitstik 2xRGB

Can you please check I have your reservation above correct and also those that didn't specify kit or built I've assumed built unless you post an update.

I'll be including a 40 way GPIO header with the kit version so you can buy the cheapest Pi zero with no header and solder that in. I won't be including that as standard with the built ones as I assume you will be buying a Pi zero with header but if anyone does want one let me know and I'll add one.
Last edited by IanB on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

Bitstik

Post by Bitstik » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Please will you put me down for 2 built rgb-hdmi boards

Many thanks
Andrew

sixedup

Post by sixedup » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:07 pm

IanB wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:32 pm
Can you please check I have your reservation above correct and also those that didn't specify kit or built I'm going to assume built unless you post an update.

I'll be including a 40 way GPIO header with the kit version so you can buy the cheapest Pi zero with no header and solder that in. I won't be including that as standard with the built ones as I assume you will be buying a Pi zero with header but if anyone does want one let me know and I'll add one.
Hi Ian, confirming that you have the right order for me. I already have a spare headerless Pi Zero so if you could add a header to my order that would save me sourcing one.
Many thanks!
Richard

Pepperm

Post by Pepperm » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:29 pm

Hi

I would love the 2 board solution, I have many Pi zeros. How do I go about getting them ordered please?

How do I get my hands on an RGB to HDMI adaptor please? I see that there are some for sale in Australia but I am in the UK...

Regards

Mark

I would love a kit for the 2 boards please. I’ll settle for pre made if you have already made them though.

Mark

tarcus69

Post by tarcus69 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:54 pm

IanB wrote:
tarcus69 3x RGB
Mine was 3xRGB + 1x analogue, thanks. (looks like you've now corrected that, great, thanks)
Last edited by tarcus69 on Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sjo03

Post by sjo03 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Confirming my order : build sjo03 2x RGB + 1x Analog
Could you please include one header ?

Thank you again!

rodders

Post by rodders » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:12 am

Confirming my order for 1 RGBtoHDMI kit.
BBC Model B 32k ICL issue 3, WE ROM/RAM board, Speech Processor, TurboMMC, PiTubeDirect
BBC Master 128

rodders

Post by rodders » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:13 am

... including the 12 bit extender board please.
BBC Model B 32k ICL issue 3, WE ROM/RAM board, Speech Processor, TurboMMC, PiTubeDirect
BBC Master 128

Mince

Post by Mince » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:47 pm

IanB wrote:
I've received a new batch of boards so will be sending them out over the next couple of weeks.

Built:
Mince 1x RGB
Yes, please — definitely still would like one! Thanks again — both for making these and your continued work on the software.

Just to confirm: I'm hoping to use it with a Commodore 128's 80-column RGBI interface — I think for this I just need an RGBtoHDMI board itself and no extra boards, is that right? The only other board which would be help me would be a buffer board, I think, which I guess there's not much demand for!

The 12-bit board doesn't help me, I assume? I can't find mention of what that supports, but I assume it's only for things like Amigas and STs?

noggin

Post by noggin » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi Ian

Could I go for an RGB + Analogue board in kit form please? (I'm down for RGB only built at the moment)

Thanks

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:37 pm

Any idea if this will work with Apple IIgs RGB? It is kind of CGA-like.

Pepperm

Post by Pepperm » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Ian, any ideas as to when and how we will get details for payment and shipment please? I keep checking what I think are my messages in this board but am not seeing anything. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place for a PM.

IanB

Post by IanB » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:39 am

Bobbi wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:37 pm
Any idea if this will work with Apple IIgs RGB? It is kind of CGA-like.
It might work. I had a quick look at the schematic and it uses 12 bits per pixel similar to the Amiga but it also depends on the resolutions and pixel clock rates. The 12 bits are available internally so you would have to pick them up in a similar way to the Amiga and Atari. I am looking at doing a new 12 bit analog front end which would mean a simple plug in solution for all those systems but it might not be possible as it would depend on the linearity of the DACs and ADCs to reliably extract the 12 bits noise free.

IanB

Post by IanB » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:46 am

Pepperm wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:17 pm
Ian, any ideas as to when and how we will get details for payment and shipment please? I keep checking what I think are my messages in this board but am not seeing anything. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place for a PM.
Should be in the next couple of days for kits. They will be going out first as I have to finish building the others. I'm not sure if it's the default but you can configure your profile so you get an email when a PM is received. (It's in "Edit notification options" under "Board preferences" in the user control panel)

rodders

Post by rodders » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:56 am

Sorry Ian, not sure if I need the 12bit extender for use with a BBC NuLA now. Re-reading your post it sounds like its only to bring the 12bit video out to an external connector. Can you confirm please. If not needed then take the extender off my order. Thanks.
BBC Master 128

IanB

Post by IanB » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:44 am

rodders wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:56 am
Sorry Ian, not sure if I need the 12bit extender for use with a BBC NuLA now. Re-reading your post it sounds like its only to bring the 12bit video out to an external connector. Can you confirm please. If not needed then take the extender off my order. Thanks.
Yes you will need the 12 bit extender for NuLA (assuming it works as it's untested at the moment). The 12 bit boards have the same 8 bit header as the earlier 8 bit boards with the extra 4 bits on another header as there isn't enough room for the full 12 bit header so the extender consolidates this onto a single connector. Plugging a cable into two separate connectors would be awkward and unstable as the 4 way connector is not designed for cable connection so going via the extender is the only practical way.

IanB

Post by IanB » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:49 am

Mince wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:47 pm
Just to confirm: I'm hoping to use it with a Commodore 128's 80-column RGBI interface — I think for this I just need an RGBtoHDMI board itself and no extra boards, is that right?
Yes, you would need to make up a cable with a 12 way IDC plug on one end and a 9 way IDC D-type on the other (wires 1, 2 & 12 not used)
Mince wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:47 pm
The 12-bit board doesn't help me, I assume? I can't find mention of what that supports, but I assume it's only for things like Amigas and STs?
Correct.

Pepperm

Post by Pepperm » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:11 pm

IanB

I have received your PM and sent money as requested but the system here will not let me PM you to say so, so I am messenging you here.

Mark

Arcadian
Site Admin

Post by Arcadian » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Pepperm wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:11 pm
the system here will not let me PM you to say so, so I am messenging you here.
PM's enabled.
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk

vanekp

Post by vanekp » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:02 pm

I am interested in a RGBtoHDMI Kit: for BBC/Electron if/when they are available.
Peter.

sota

Post by sota » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi Ian,

I can't PM you, so I'm confirming 1 x Built RGB Board please.

IanB

Post by IanB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:31 am

Just a reminder to check your PMs. (I haven't contacted everyone yet so don't be concerned if you haven't been contacted so far).

Pepperm

Post by Pepperm » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:57 pm

Kit received thanks Ian. Now to construction... I have to say that its a bit of a challenge to work out what does and doesnt need installing and connecting. I am reading through the Wiki and have no idea what P6 and P7 on the 3/4 level analogue board are for, not to mention any of the jumpers. Am I missing so very obvious construction guide or something?

Mark

hoglet

Post by hoglet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:15 pm

Pepperm wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:57 pm
Kit received thanks Ian. Now to construction... I have to say that its a bit of a challenge to work out what does and doesnt need installing and connecting. I am reading through the Wiki and have no idea what P6 and P7 on the 3/4 level analogue board are for, not to mention any of the jumpers. Am I missing so very obvious construction guide or something?
https://github.com/hoglet67/RGBtoHDMI/w ... mbly-Notes
Fit Long ends of P6 & P7 into pcb same as P2 above, then cut off the other ends of the pins at the plastic. They are intended to act as feet resting on the camera connector to stop the board making contact with the Pi zero.

Pepperm

Post by Pepperm » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Thanks for that, I hadn't found that page on the Wiki yet.

I have now :-)

Mark

Pepperm

Post by Pepperm » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:23 pm

After looking through the Kit assembly notes on the Wiki, do I fit the 4 pin socket into P5, biased to the end with the P5 lettering, then plug into it the P2 pins from the analogue board?

Update.... I have read the Assembly instructions now so the text above (dont want to delete because I was told off before) is completely superfluous. Sorry.

Mark

Pepperm

Post by Pepperm » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:01 pm

Before I spend hours designing a 3D printable case and distributing the STL, is there one available for download somewhere already please?

Mark

Return to “for sale / freebies”