SOLD - BBC B, Disk Drive and games on tape for sale!

peddle your acorn wares here!
Forum rules
You're welcome to trade Acorn-related stuff with other forum members here - the rule of thumb to follow when trading, is that items or services offered should be of interest to our Acorn community. Do NOT use multiple accounts - please trade with your regular (and only) forum account. If you're giving items away, please make it clear if you would be unhappy with the recipient selling on some or all of the items. Similarly, please ensure that the giver is comfortable with you re-selling items you have accepted as a gift. We cannot be held responsible for what happens in these trading forums or for deals done via PM. This must be done at your own risk. If you aren't comfortable with this - make the trade via an alternative site which can apply safeguards of their own. Be sensible - if someone approaches you to trade via PM who is not posting in the public forums, this may be a sign that they are not entirely what they seem. Please report it to the moderators if you receive an unsolicited message from anyone suspicious, so that it can be investigated and hopefully stop anyone being taken advantage of. This forum is not for advertising items you have for sale on ebay or other third party marketplaces.
alex16cole

SOLD - BBC B, Disk Drive and games on tape for sale!

Post by alex16cole » Wed May 20, 2020 8:39 am

SOLD! (on eBay). Thanks to all for support in helping me to work out pricing etc. Peace!

Hi folks. My Dad bought us a Beeb many years ago and it's finally time to sell it. It was a bit sick a while back (Power Output/DRAM) but a lovely Beeb veterinary clinic (lol) took it in and nursed it back to health. So I'm selling:

BBC B Microcomputer - Serial number on back = KELTEK 08-ANB01-3 007520 and it says "(c) 1981 Registered Design" on the back. The loading screen says "BBC Computer 32K Acorn DFS" It has some yellowing of the case. It worked fine a year ago last time I used it!

Games on tape: Repton Thru Time, Gisburne's Castle, League Challenge, Diamond Mine, Spooksville, Space Caverns, Zarn, Atom Smask (3 games: Autosmash, Reaction tester, Knockout)

Price: any fair offer - er I can't respond to private messages yet so if you are interested you'll have to PM me your email.

2 photos being attached later! Sorry haven't posted at all on this forum: joined 5 years ago to find vet. Peace, Alex
Last edited by alex16cole on Sun May 31, 2020 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Arcadian
Site Admin

Re: BBC B, Disk Drive and games on tape for sale!

Post by Arcadian » Wed May 20, 2020 8:45 am

Hi, welcome.

Can you update your post with photographs please? And can you provide any more information about the BBC itself? (Issue Number, Extra ROMs/Rom boards (if any). What version of DFS?

Whereabouts are you based? Is collection an option (if social distancing is applied, obviously).

Note that as you are a new user you won't be able to respond to any PMs (you need a minimum of 25 posts before PM privileges are enabled). However, interested parties can PM you with their contact details and you could reply via email.
For a "Complete BBC Games Archive" visit www.bbcmicro.co.uk

KenLowe

Post by KenLowe » Wed May 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Might be interested in the disk drive if you're willing to split. I'll send you a PM.

alex16cole

Post by alex16cole » Thu May 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Hi Ken have emailed you :-) Interested!

alex16cole

Post by alex16cole » Thu May 28, 2020 5:32 pm

I've successfully sold the disk drive to a happy customer yay!

Here are 2 pictures of the BBC B - the back and the serial number.

Peace, Alex

PS I am North Gloucestershire if anyone wants to pick up the BBC B.
Attachments
BBC B serial number.JPG
BBC - back of.JPG

alex16cole

Post by alex16cole » Sat May 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Oo and also Original BBC B manual Nov 1983 and advanced manual 1987 for sale. Front and rear pictures attached, the light is making the original book back look much worse than it is. Condition fair to good. All pages there! Enjoy, Alex C
Attachments
BBC manuals.JPG
BBC manuals rear (1).JPG

alex16cole

Post by alex16cole » Sat May 30, 2020 4:19 pm

e668ecp: er, I can't respond to private messages yet: you asked after price of the BBC B. I'm still researching :-) Cheers, Alex

alex16cole

Post by alex16cole » Sat May 30, 2020 4:24 pm

£50 is what I'm selling it for! It's a BBC B by the way, case slightly yellowed, originally had disk drive with it too so is compatible with disk drive. Thanks for any interest!

danielj

Post by danielj » Sat May 30, 2020 9:42 pm

Alex - people should not be approaching directly via PM - they should be posting in the thread that they're interested first and asking questions in the thread. Please be aware that it is worth more than that.

d.

richardtoohey

Post by richardtoohey » Sun May 31, 2020 2:08 am

The New Advanced User Guide can go for a few tens of pounds itself - can't exactly remember how much I've paid for my copies in the past, but they are worth a few bob (or have been).

Return to “for sale / freebies”